Backup in upgrade 2020 R2

Options
Christine While
Christine While Member Posts: 7
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Is someone aware of an issue with the backup process required prior to upgrade? We have tried to back up several times and backup process is taking hours , only for the system to either freeze at 95% or we are thrown out altogether. 
Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Comments

• JO-ANNE_7327707
    JO-ANNE_7327707 Member Posts: 260 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I have found the new version to be extremely slow in all aspects particularly trying to run reports. I keep getting the not responding message in the tool bar. 

• Christine While
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Yes I have that too - but I think (hope) that its still doing something in the background as I have the hourglass still showing...
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2020
    Options
    First question, how big is your file? Second question, how often do you verify and backup usually? This will determine how long the process takes... and you need to leave it and wait! Clicking the screen inside Reckon when its doing the backup is not recommended!
  • Christine While
    edited July 2020
    Options
    It is a large file and I fully expected it to take some time - I guess I’m concerned as the %complete graph disappears and task bar states that system is not responding. I’m unsure if that’s correct ( I hope it’s not) and whether I should wait or restart from scratch.
  • GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,225 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Please call me and i will work thru it with you. Did the same yesterday.
    Gerry 0418907140

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Christine While
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Thanks Gerry - working perfectly after your assistance :)