Backup reminders not happening

Options
Jay Garland
Jay Garland Member Posts: 130
edited July 2019 in Accounts Hosted
I have the backup options set to: REMIND ME TO BACKUP WHEN I CLOSE MY COMPANY FILE EVERY 4 TIMES. I normally put in one or two transactions a day. It had been a week and I thought it odd that there was no backup reminder. I opened and closed the file a few times to make sure it got to at least 4 times and it would still not remind me. Is this a bug or is there a setting that I've not checked?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Thanks for raising this Jay,

Does the same thing occur if you change the reminder count to a different number?

Let me know

Cheers
    Rav 

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Shannon Sciuto
    Shannon Sciuto Member Posts: 98
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi Jay, 

How are you closing the file? In Reckon Accounts Hosted you need to choose File / log off rather than just closing the tab.  

I hope this helps!! 

Shannon. 
  • Jeffrey Arana_8672048
    Jeffrey Arana_8672048 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hi there Jay. I'm not sure but since we also migrated from in premise Quickbooks to, Reckon Accounts Hosted, as I designed upon getting on board RAHE 2016, I told to the team to daily do BACKUP and we cannot anymore rely on the reminder as we previously had. We normally do backup Mondays to Saturdays. Also we export the QBB files and save/upload to our data storage, so not relying solely to RAHE B:\ drive.
    I hope this helps.

Cheers.
    JA
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,063 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi Jay,

The volume of your data entry is a factor in the frequency of your backup intervals.

Performing a regular backup is important and ensuring that the data being backed up is error-free is also a consideration.

How to perform regular data file maintenance in Reckon Accounts (Hosted) - Verify Data / Rebuild Data

Having a backup is great, so too is confirming that any backups created can also be relied upon to be restorable should the need arise.

How to restore a backup file (QBB) in Reckon Accounts Hosted
    How to restore a portable file (QBM) in Reckon Accounts Hosted

Regards,
    Reckon Data Recovery Team
  • Jay Garland
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I changed it to 1 and then the prompt came up. The default of 3 didn't generate the prompt. I'll change it back to 3 and report later in the week.
  • Jay Garland
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I select FILE > CLOSE COMPANY and then FILE > EXIT.
  • Jay Garland
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I do regular back-ups myself. Want to check the function is working for those times when I don't do it.
  • Jay Garland
    edited November 2016
    Options
    The number of copies to keep in B:\ seems not to work as well. It's set to 3, but when I look in the B:\ drive there's rather a lot of backup files there. May need some testing.
  • Jay Garland
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I changed the number to FOUR (4) times and it reminded me to backup correctly.