bank feed data duplicated

Jay Garland
Jay Garland Member Posts: 130
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Every now and then, bank feed data is downloaded twice. Is there a simple way to delete data that's been downloaded a second time? 

My current workaround is to uncheck the entry that was originally matched against the first datafeed and then match it again to the second datafeed. Very time consuming when there are several dozen entries that have been duplicated. 

Comments

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Jay

If you recognise they are duplicates you don't have to 'match' or enter them, simply match & enter the ones you want.  when finished do 'done' and close the import.  After you reconcile delete the import transaction file and anything unmatched will be deleted with it.
  • Jay Garland
    Jay Garland Member Posts: 130
    edited March 2019
    How do you delete the import transaction file? Never seen one before... 
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

when you download the transactions it produces the 'yellow' from bank file 'transactions received on' .  When you view these it gives you the chance to enter or match.  Usually the file is all matched and entered when you say done.  If you have completed this file before you download the next lot of transactions you delete this file or you will end up with both lots of transactions.

In your case you have that so when you are 'done' with matching the transactions you need only and not the double ups, then delete the file.  The next time you import from bank, if you have your date range correct then you want have the double ups.

As I said before, simply don't match the double ups or enter rules for any double ups, remove them at this stage and don't enter them.
  • Jacki_10033120
    Jacki_10033120 Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2019
    Is there a way to delete individual transactions that are doubled up rather than deleting the whole file that includes all unmatched transactions?  I often have transactions in there that I can't match so I don't want to delete all transactions but right now, I have a bunch of transactions that have imported twice that I need to get rid of.

I've just spent half an hour on the phone to Reckon tech support who are insisting that transactions can not be imported twice...well it's happening with me and I'm relieved to find a discussion on here that suggests the same problem!