Bank feed not working in 2017

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
Bank feed was going OK for one month but won't show any transactions for January. Support staff have not been able to fix it. Any ideas?
Photo of Fedupwithreckon

Fedupwithreckon

• 332 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 86,280 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Colin,

Has this issue just occurred today?
Does your plan show a positive transaction quota balance remaining currently? 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Also, are these tutorial videos helpful in your case -

LINKING BANKDATA FEEDS

PROCESSING BANKDATA TRANSACTIONS

GETTING STARTED WITH BANKDATA
Photo of Fedupwithreckon

Fedupwithreckon

As I said it's all of January. Page says it has updated the feed but shows no transactions. The limit has 69 to go and I have sent screenshots to the staff as requested. No response.
Photo of Jodie Gluyas

Jodie Gluyas

• 228 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I haven't had any transactions for any of my accounts since 3rd Jan and have contacted support
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Thank you both,

I will follow up with the support team on the status of both your cases and will hopefully have some info to share with you tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience.

Rav
Photo of Michael Done

Michael Done

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav ... I have also just experienced this problem in Reckon One with my bank feed from CUA.  It has far-reaching impact and if it is not resolved quickly and reliably I will be moving on Xero before the financial year is too far underway.  (This would bitterly disappoint and annoy me - I'm hoping for a much happier outcomer.)

Everything in the bank connection has been set up correctly and until yesterday the feed has been functioning as expected.  But it is now dead - no new transactions are showing up in Reckon One.

I have sent a detailed description  to the Support Team together with clear screen shots highlighting the exact details of the problem.  I've attached the two key screenshots here as well. 

If you are able to follow up to ensure this is given appropriate priority, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks ... Michael
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,510 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Michael,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

I've had a look at your BankData record and can see the transaction you refer to.

Although Direct Feeds from banks normally provide the latest posted transactions at the start of business the next day, Yodlee feeds run sometime later as the collection process is determined by Yodlee and not the Banks or Reckon. Depending on circumstances transactions posted to your bank account on the night of Day1 may be available later on Day2, and probably after close of business.  It will be there the following day.

There is a workaround for Yodlee connections to get the latest transactions immediately.  Just re-enter your bank online credentials on the Bank Feed Management screen (enter it from Banking Connections and clicking the Connect an Account button), click on the Active link in the Status column and enter your credentials.  Yodlee will determine when your last update was and retrieve transactions from your bank from that date.  Give it a few minutes to update then return to your Book to see the latest transactions.  

Hope this helps.

regards,
John.
Photo of Michael Done

Michael Done

Thanks John for your prompt and clear reply.

Unfortunately the feed is still not working.  The transactions from 1-Aug are still not showing up on 3-Aug (see screenshot below).  So we've had two full overnight processing windows and we're at 10am an Day3 with still no feed.  The fact that Reckon One is telling me that the most recent import was "00 days ago" means that the import on both Day2 and Day3 failed to pick up  the transaction that was posted on Day1. That looks like a system failure to me. 

Note:  Since capturing the Reckon One screen image below, I've refreshed the Bank Account page and it's now saying that the last import was 1 day ago!  What???  Even if it was, that still means the Day2 import missed the Day1 transaction.  

Out of a kind of reluctant curiosity, I'm going to leave it another 24 hours before applying your suggested workaround, but I'm sure you can appreciate my frustration at having to spend this much time dealing with something I expect (and need) to run like clockwork.

Thanks
Michael

Photo of Fedupwithreckon

Fedupwithreckon

What you need to do is switch to a system that works properly to save yourself a heap of time and frustration.
Photo of Michael Done

Michael Done

:-) :-) :-) ... I appreciate your sympathy. Thanks! As it turns out, this lag in the bank feed is the only thing that has caused me any angst. Everything else I'm using in Reckon One is doing its job very nicely for me.  Probably cool comfort for you, as it looks like you've had a more troubled ride.  

In my case, it seems I simply had the unrealistic expectation of more or less a "live" real-time feed from the bank. I think this is in part because the feature is promoted in very glowing (but not very precise) terms. I don't recall seeing any mention of a lag-time, so I'm a little bit peeved about needing to spend this much time finding out what could have made clear up front.  But now that I'm seeing a consistent 2-day delay, I can work with that.

Hope the sun is shining for you now :-)
Photo of John G

Hello Michael,

Our database shows 1/8/2017 as the last dated transaction on your account.Last update was about 2pm Sydney time.  Please try again.

I notice that the entry is listed as an ePayment.  Does this entry fall into the category of a "pending" transaction with the full details still to come? With such type of transactions Yodlee will not include it as the transaction is not "posted" by the bank yet.  Once the full details arrive and the bank changes the status from "pending" to "posted" the transaction is picked up by Yodlee and added to your bankdata record.   With some credit cards this delay may be up to 3 days.  

regards,
John.
Photo of Michael Done

Michael Done

Hi John.  

Thanks very much for following up on this. 

The Aug-1 transaction has indeed now shown up.  The lag-time is still puzzling though as I rang CUA and asked if ePayments (specifically the Aug-1 one and a subsequent one that was deposited yesterday) would go through a period in "Pending" status.  They advised me that ePayments made from bank-to-bank would not.  They are cleared and posted as soon as the ePayment notification arrives.  This suggests that today's Yodlee import should have picked up the 2-Aug transaction as well as the 1-Aug transaction.   

I therefore can't help wondering if there might be a daily/nightly "extract" process running behind the scenes at the bank that creates a source file separate from the "live" database, and which Yodlee feeds from when it does an import.  Depending on the relative timing of the bank's extract run and Yodlee's import run, it would be mathematically possible for the two processes to introduce a 2-day lag.  I'll watch to see if this is the pattern over the next few days.  If it is, and if it's consistently that way, I can just tailor my expectations and my scheduling of accounts maintenance accordingly.  It has been the seeming randomness that has thrown me.  Perhaps it's not as random as it first seemed.  I'll watch with interest.

Again, my sincere thanks to you for your efforts and attention to my concern.  I really appreciate it!  
Photo of Michael Done

Michael Done

Well my explanation may or not be true, but the results today are at least consistent with it.  Today is Day4. The transaction from Day2 showed up this morning but not the transaction from Day3. Looks a 2-day turnaround might just be a fact of life with CUA.  If it stays consistent at 2-days, I can certainly live with that! :-)
Photo of John G

Thanks for the update Michael,

Yodlee accesses the bank website with your credentials and reads the code that creates the screen you see.  That's where it picks up flags to the status of the transaction.  

You can force an immediate update to your Yodlee transactions simply by re-entering your credentials on the Bank Feed Management screen by clicking on the Active link in the status column.  Yodlee will access your account now and provide you with whatever transactions have been posted since its last update.  If your latest transaction does not appear after that update please get confirmation from the bank that transaction is fully "posted'.  Then let us know.  We will need to take up the issue with Yodlee.  

Generally, a transaction posted on Day 3 will not become available to you at least until later in Day 4 and more likely the next day, depending on the Yodlee update cycle and the Reckon processing cycle.  

regards,
John