Bank Feed set up issues

Hayley Coates
Hayley Coates Member Posts: 9
edited May 2019 in Accounts Hosted
I am trying to set up a bank feed for our bank account in Reckon Hosted and after following all of the steps in this tutorial (https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/setting-up-reckon-bankdata-for-accounts-business-and-acco...) it is not working.

When I try to import the transactions I get the following error:
Getting transaction summary error.
You don't have permission to request bank feeds for this account. Please check the Branch Code, Account Number or Yodlee ID in the Bank Account set-up

I have double checked all of the above data in the bank account set-up, the account in active in bank feed and no matter what I do it will not import the transactions.

Is there something else that I need to do to get this working?

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited September 2018
    Hello Hayley,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Usually the error is where the message says, so review your entries on the Online Bank Details tab.  A typical direct bank feed will look like:

Take note that there are no non-numeric characters or spaces and that the YodleeID field is blank.

If you still get an error, check Banking Preferences and ensure you have the correct userID (format: 1234567-1) and password entered.  

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John.
  • Hayley Coates
    Hayley Coates Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2018
    Hi John,

I have checked the screens you suggested and cleared the data that was there and re-entered it just incase there was an incorrect character or space however I am still getting the same error.

Are there any other settings I should be checking or changing?
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited September 2018
    Thanks Hayley,

Please get in touch with BankData support on bankdata@reckon.com.  Send them screenshots of:
    • your Bank Online Details tab for this bank account;
    • Edit > Preferences > Banking > Company Preferences screen;
    • The request for download screen and any error message;
    • the Transactions Summary Screen and any error message.  

regards,
    John
  • Wendy_9933611
    Wendy_9933611 Member Posts: 34
    edited January 2019
    Hello, I appear to be having the exact same issue - has this been resolved?
  • Wendy_9933611
    Wendy_9933611 Member Posts: 34
    edited January 2019
    Disregard - the knowledgebase issue 5470 incorrectly states a Yodlee format as 12-345-6789 when it is the Bank Account format that requires the dashes. Problem is solved.