Bank feed stopped working

Mel Hogan
Mel Hogan Member Posts: 4
edited June 2019 in Reckon One
I've had an ongoing issue with the bank feed working sometimes and not others. Usually if I leave it and come back a week later I can get it to work. About 3 weeks ago it stopped working altogether. I've been logging in almost on a daily bases and refreshing the feed but nothing. I have 100 transaction left on our plan and it's been like that the whole time.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited October 2018
    Hi there Mel,
    Which bank are you attempting to pull feeds from?

Can you let us know what's happening specifically when you attempt to pull your bank data transactions through ie. the process you're going through.

The below are you some troubleshooting steps that you can try but if it doesn't help, can you please let me know the info above.

Reckon One - eliminate screen refresh issues
    i. Switch between the Transactions from bank tab and the Reckon One tab several times.

ii. Unlink the bank feed from the bank ledger account in Bank Connections; View the Transactions from Bank tab; Reconnect the bank feed to the bank ledger account; View the Transactions from Bank tab.

iii. Change the Bankdata- retrieve last field.
    Cogwheel icon > Settings > General > Book Settings;
    Scroll down to the 'BankData – retrieve last field' > Change the number to 1 (one) > View the Transactions from Bank tab > Reset the 'BankData – retrieve last field' to your preferred number > View the 'Transactions from Bank' tab.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Mel Hogan
    edited June 2019
    Hi Rav

It's the Commonwealth bank. I tried all 3 of your suggestions below and it still happens. It still shows 100 transactions and nothing is imported from September 18th to now.

In 'Bank Account' I click on the September (or October) then click 'Refresh' then go to 'Transactions from bank'. After a little while it says "There is nothing here yet".  I then click the refresh button of the browser' and go back to 'Transactions from bank' but still nothing.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited October 2018
    Thanks for getting back to me Mel,
    Can you please try one more thing, on the bank transactions screen can you please hold down the Ctrl button and while doing so press F5. The page will do a 'hard refresh'.

Is there any change after this?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Mel Hogan
    edited October 2018
    I did that but it made no difference. On the top right of the page there is some text on a green background which says:

Upload source: Bank feed: Commonwealth Bank CBA (Australia) - Banking [Feed Import Requested]
    Date: 23 Oct 2018
    Completed: Yes
  • Rav
    edited October 2018
    Thanks Mel,
    I'll need to come back to you on this one as I've asked our BankData team to investigate it a bit closer. I'll keep you posted.

• Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited June 2019
    Hello Mel,

Thanks for your patience.

From the 19th of September the ,CBA Yodlee connection developed an error which Yodlee did not fix until the start of this week.  It appears that when the CBA became available again, your connection did not resume the daily update schedule.  You can rectify this by refreshing your credentials with Yodlee:
    1. Banking > Bank Connections > Connect an account
    2. on the CBA line click on the link in the Status column (Active)
    3. enter your bank credentials
    4. wait a short while as Yodlee retrieves transactions since your last update
    5. When the status changes from Download Requested to Active, check for updated transactions.
    Check again each day to confirm that daily updates are processing as they should.

Did you know you can get a direct feed to your CBA bank accounts?  They are more secure and more reliable.  Just request them again and select CBA form the higher shorter list of banks, enter your bank details, download, sign and send in your form to us on bankdata@reckon.com and we'll arrange it with the bank.

regards,
    John
  • Mel Hogan
    edited October 2018
    Hi John

I do not believe Yodlee has fixed their connection error yet as last night I did what you suggested but I got the same results at that time and this morning as well.

I have also downloaded and signed the authority form for the direct feed and sent it to the email address you provided. Thanks for your help.

Regards Mel
  • Clover Melville
    Clover Melville Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2019
    My bank feeds for a client CBA are there some days and it can go a week without any feeds coming in - it's very frustrating trying to work like this - I can't keep the bank account or file up to date and when the feeds come in then there is a real lot of work to do and catch up on - I hate it and it isn't ideal.  The feeds should work much better and flow in every day 
  • Clover Melville
    edited April 2019
    Refreshing does nothing either - 
  • Clover Melville
    edited December 2019
    Bookkeepers can't log into client's bank accounts - this is not helpfule