Bank import Rules Reckon Accounts Premium 2014

ian_7658767
ian_7658767 Member Posts: 11
edited August 2016 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Rekon official response to a feature enhancement shows their lack of understanding about their own product.

I suggested the rule be changed to look through more of the string from Westpac. As Westpac include general text before the customer information and the Reckon search has cut off before it gets to customer data. Eg they include from Westpac "WITHDRAWAL ONLINE 8364116 BPAY TAX OFFICE ATO Q4 2015 BAS"  So Rekon rule, runs out of puff as it only looks through the first bit.

This is the response from Rekon. It shows they don't want to understand real business issues
It is nothing to do with Rekon field lengths as the rule is looking through the string from Westpac.
They also suggest, they will neglect a part of their product, as they want customers to use a paid service. I find this unbelievable.

"Thank you for your
feedback.

The information that comes into the Payee field is determined by the bank, and each bank may differ in the information provided.

All fields in Reckon Accounts and associated files do have limitations so in some instances the relevant information may be beyond this number of characters.

It is unlikely that this part of the operation will be changed as user preference has shifted towards a direct feed from banks that we cater for in Reckon BankData.  More information about BankData is available at: http://estore.reckon.com.au/default.aspx?tabid=74&id=73  "

Regards,

John Gajewski

Quality Analyst

Comments

• Melinda Jane Koth
    Melinda Jane Koth Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    I have cancelled all my clients subscriptions to bank feeds as it is next to useless and actually takes longer. I think this is one of the clunkiest bank feeds I have seen and they seem reluctant to owe up to that fact
  • ian_7658767
    edited September 2015
    I cant believe their response - head in the sand. Ducking and Weaving. Not in touch with the real world = and not listening to the real world. Surely they would try and test a Westpac bank import and see how the rules dont work 
  • ian_7658767
    edited September 2015
    I dont know how he can make this statement " It is unlikely that this part of the operation will be changed as user preference has shifted towards a direct feed from banks that we cater for in Reckon BankData. "   Your evidence does not back that up