Bank reconciliation

Peter Selwyn
Peter Selwyn Member Posts: 20
edited September 2020 in Reckon One
New ReckonOne interface has many bugs in it.  Really should have been properly tested prior to release.  For example:
  • All previous monthly statement bank reconciliations going back to 1 May 2018 have been ignored.  Have needed to re-do all of them.  Made much more difficult by the fact that.....:
  • On the Reconciliation page, it's only possible to see 10 line items.  No option to make this bigger, or to step to the next 10.  And I can't re-do all these prior month reconciliations because.....
  • Clicking on a bank statement to view transactions from a previous month achieves nothing.  All I ever get to see are the 100 most recent transactions.  I now can't see anything earlier.
  • So I can only do the whole of the last 6 months reconciliation in one fell swoop
Hopeless.

What can you do to fix this please? 

Urgently...!

Thanks

Peter

Comments

• Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions
    Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions Accredited Partner Posts: 204 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited November 2018
    Hi Peter I did it successfully yesterday. On the bank reconciliation page you just put the date you want to recobciled and balance as per normal. When it takes you to the next page nothing new should be ticked. At the top select hide transactions beyond statement date. Change page view to 100, click all top of column, then select next page select all etc. I started at June and the just did Sept Quarter cause I knew it was right. So much better than the old one I think! Hope this helps. Kind regards Kim Chapman www.cosbiz.com.au
  • Peter Selwyn
    edited November 2018
    Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

However - while I can get to the reconciliation page and see transactions (but only 10 at a time), and I can click to hide transactions after statement closing date, there is no option to change page view to 100 and no option to select all.  Simply not there.

It also begs the question why all my previous reconciliations for the last 6 months have now been ignored. (I've got the pdf statements to show they were all properly done).

Also - the new system no longer allows the option to 'clear' a transction directly in the bank statement screen.  Was so much easier.  Why has that been removed?

I'm using the recommended Chrome browser for ReckonOne (though my preferred browser is Firefox but ReckonOne doesn't work properly in that).  So I wonder why I can't see the page view option or the select all option?

Anyone?

Thanks

Peter
    Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions Accredited Partner Posts: 204 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited November 2018
    Hi Peter If you look at the bottom of the screen, right hand side beside where it sits 10 transactions this can be changed to 20, 50 or 100. At the top if the reconciliation status column, "as long as either everything is ticked or unticked" you will find a tick all box. This is a true Reconciliation screen and serves a much needed purpose, rather than having the willy nilly tick option like previously. Previously unreconciled transactions from a prior period now remain until reconciled. Kind regards Kim Chapman
  • Peter Selwyn
    edited November 2018
    OK - I now see the option to select more transactions.  Seemed to be something to do with my screen not being maximised properly.  Thanks for that.

I also now see that the tick all box appears if all or none are ticked.  This seems strange - would be so much easier if it was there all the time. 

I accep that this is a proper reconciliation screen.  No problem with that at all.  But the tick option was really easy to keep a simple running tote on when payments are received to give an instant check on the balance.  Now we have to go into a whole new process to achieve that.

And I still don't understand why all my previous reconciliations for the last 6 months have been removed.  Yes - they were all properly reconciled.

I really appreciate your help, just that while this change is probably a step forward in some respects, it is also a step back in others.

Kind regards

Peter
    edited November 2018
    Hi Peter

Not sure if you have missed it but we now have a Bank Register with Balance, see the tab 'Reckon One Transactions'.  So great to finally have a running balance of our R1 Bank Accounts.

Yes, I agree, would be great to see the select all option available regardless of what is or isn't ticked. 

I have one Account that is reconciled through to August 2018, and one that was back into May.  I am thinking this might have something to do with having unreconciled transactions on the more current bank reconciliations.  As this is a new function, I am guessing the old bank reconciliations didn't flow through.

Kind Regards
    Kim Chapman
  • Peter Selwyn
    edited September 2020
    As it happens, I use the Core Module only. This means I manually enter everything into the relevant accounts - which now means they only go into the 'Reckon One Transactions' tab.  While I can see the Bank Transactions tab, there is nothing there, I have no linked bank accounts.
    So it's not possible for there to have been a mismatch in reconciliations, as there is only one.
    Frustrating, but I can get over it.  Hopefully the problem won't continue going forward.

Thanks for your help
  • Jason Hollis
    Jason Hollis Alumni Posts: 516 Reckon Staff
    edited November 2018
    Hi Peter. Firstly thanks for your feedback, and a big thanks to Kim for assisting as one of our champions.

For previous reconciliations to become un-reconciled there unfortunately would have been an error previously. The most common we found were transactions dated outside of the period, and transactions un-reconciled and re-reconciled (ticked / un-ticked) after they were reconciled initially, which changed the reconciliation date in the database. This was very easy to do in the old format, and a major driver for the months of development work completely changing the reconciliation logic.

In the new process, we not only completed user interface changes, we re-wrote the backend logic and this is the likely cause of uncovering discrepancies that previously would have been undetected through no fault of the user. 

The entire team behind the project appreciate your patience as the initial reset takes place (a very low % of users were effected in our database review) and we are sure with these changes, and new ones to come, that the reconciliation process will be a much better experience. 

nb. we are continuing to work through any teething problems, and will address them as we go. 

Kind regards,
    Jason
  • Tracey Lees
    Tracey Lees Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2018
    Jason,  So how do I fix the fact that I now have 1600 un-reconciled items?  Will that be fixed by Reckon One?

Tracey
  • Jason Hollis
    edited November 2018
    Hi Tracey. Apologies for the delay as I am travelling. You simply need to reconcile up to the date you last reconciled to (unclearing any transactions past that date) , and they will balance. ** You might have some transactions outside of the reconciliation date due to the errors I mentioned above that may require  some massaging. 

If you have any issues please let us know next week and we'll do everything we need to to get your book  in order. 

Jason
  • Tracey Lees
    Tracey Lees Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2018
    Hi Jason,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, my reconciliation does not balance.  Can you please provide a step by step process of what I should do about that?

Thanks
    Tracey
  • Jason Hollis
    edited November 2018
    We'll work on a document on Monday Tracey. In the meantime, please email our community manager here  with your contact details and I'll be in touch.

** Please attention the email to Jason Hollis

Kind regards, 
    Jason
  • Jacquie G
    Jacquie G Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2020
    Agree Peter this is a total pain and a large software change such as this really should have been tested first to iron out the bugs. All my previously reconciled transactions are now showing as uncleared and it seems you have to go in manually and re-reconcile everything. 
  • Jason Hollis
    edited December 2018
    Hi Jacquie. We are here to help through any issues so please reach out if you need direct assistance.

I do need to reiterate that this isn't a bug and the new update went through extensive testing. The change effected around 450,000+ reconciliations and only a small percentage of reconciliations were not technically correct.

The main issue we uncovered were users editing a reconciled transaction, which was easier to do in the previous version. The new release allows the flexibility to change everything except the total amount and bank account, whilst still keeping the reconciliation tied to a reconciliation ID, essentially removing the ability to 'break' a reconciliation. 

In order to bring all books into the new framework we could only take the technically correct reconciliations, of which were the vast majority. Any transactions that remained ?cleared ?but not reconciled after the update were not technically correct, but should reconcile as the issue was the date matching the account balance. 

As I said, we are here to help so if you need assistance please contact us and we'll work through it with you. The new process is certainly an improvement and we are keen to get users up an running quickly to take advantage of the changes. 

Kind regards,
    Jason
  • Shane Musarra
    Shane Musarra Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2018
    Can I also request this document? The update wiped out all our work for the last few years and then refuses to let me reconcile due to a discrepancy, even though my bank balance matches my reckon one balance to the cent
  • Shane Musarra
    edited December 2018
    Jason, can this message get to Joy at support as well? We've raised support tickets and we get a cookie cutter response to just do the reconciliation, which we've stated can't be done anymore. ?
  • katyrou
    katyrou Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2018
    Bank Reconciliation isn't working for me. It seems to be locked trying to load data and  I have uncleared funds that should be cleared and I don't know if there is any way to fix that. Do I need to delete data and start again?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2018
    New thread Please reference the new conversation here: Bank reconciliation not loading data

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2018
    Shane Musarra
    Appreciate your feedback on this Shane, we'll ensure we get that sorted and filtered across our Reckon One teams so everyone is on the same page.

katyrou
    I think what you've described might be separate to the discussion on this thread so I'll create your own HERE so we can flesh this out a bit more.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• katyrou
    katyrou Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2018
    Thanks
  • Jason Hollis
    edited December 2018
    Hi  Shane, can you please email us the following: a copy of your bank statement (redact acct details and transaction descriptions) showing dates and balances, as well as a screenshot of the Reckon One transactions screen showing the balance matching to the statement. Also include the book ID (this is done by going to the dashboard and copying the URL in the web browser) and we'll take it from there. 

Kind regards,
    Jason
  • Shane Musarra
    edited December 2018
    Hi Jason,

Will do. We actually reconcile daily so can show a real time match.