Bank Reconciliation in Reckon Accounts Plus 2016

Margot
Margot Member Posts: 33
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
This is a processing problem but I need some fresh eyes please. 
Every entry for a quarter has been posted from bank statement.  Balances are perfect after each entry.
Attempting reconciliation:  Shows discrepancy which happens to be the difference between opening balance and closing balance.
Previous quarter reconciled without challenge, though that was about 3 mths ago.
What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Larissa_7048652
    Larissa_7048652 Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    edited October 2019

Hi Margot,

Am I understanding correctly that the opening balance does not match the previous closing balance, so this is the discrepancy?  If so, have you tried running a Locate Discrepancies report?  When you select Reconcile, there is an option to run this report.

Cheers,

Larissa

• Margot
    edited January 2020
    Thank you Larissa!   No .. the opening balance is the previous closing balance.  That's where I start.   
    But thanks for the Locate Discrepancies.  I'll try that! 
    Will let you know.
  • Margot
    edited February 2017
    Larissa, have just ran the Discrepancy Report.  Discrepancy = 0.   This is so weird.   I may have to find someone tomorrow who can talk me through it.  
  • Margot
    edited January 2020
    Can anyone help me with this please?  Or direct me to where else I can get assistance? 
    The solution must be something quite simple .. but I can't find it!!!!   
  • DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    Just checking the obvious... you have ticked all the items on the reconciliation haven't you ?

• Margot
    edited January 2020
    Thanks for your reply!!  I had a phone call from a very helpful Reckon Advisor who helped.    I HAD ticked all the items .. yes .. obvious.  BUT ...
    I'd ticked them by "Mark all".  Apparently they have to be ticked manually entry by entry .. no shortcuts!!   So it was as simple as that!
    Now I can get on with the task!!
    Thanks again! 
  • DebonAir
    edited May 2017
    That is strange, I always use Mark All and if that doesn't work I do it manually.
    Glad you found the problem.
  • Margot
    edited January 2020
    Thanks for that comment.  Am doing some back tax for someone, posting quarterly and reconciling.  But I'll now just do a month, try "Mark all" again and see what happens!
    It is a bit tedious checking off every single item when I'm posting straight off a bank statement.  That's how I knew there was no discrepancy.  
    Learning all the time??**!!
  • DebonAir
    edited May 2017
    Try doing it weekly, then you have a shorter time to go over if you have problems.

• Margot
    edited January 2020
    Have worked out the problem.  I didn't "Hide transactions after the statement's end date".  That does make a tad of a difference!!    
  • DebonAir
    edited May 2017
    Yes it does, it makes all the difference.
    Good learning curve, you won't forget this in a hurry :-)

• Margot
    edited January 2020
    Don't know why it's never been a problem before.  Maybe I was just smarter 3 months ago when I last did one!!      You're right.  Won't happen again!!   Oooops!!