BankData download - only the first 30 characters appear. Not enough info!

Boyd Attwell
Boyd Attwell Member Posts: 19
edited February 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I've started using BankData feeds. Once the transactions are downloaded and sitting in the Match Transactions screen, you can then match the transaction if it already exists, or you can go back and create a transaction afresh. Unfortunately, on my screen (see below) I can only see the first 30 characters of the "Payee" information (which correlates to the bank statement narration). Is this happening to everyone else? For this system to be usable, it needs to capture ALL of the narration, or at least 60 characters of it. As you can see below the first 30 characters is generally generic information. The characters to follow are the important ones!

Comments

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020

Hi Boyd,

This is a limitation of the software.  The development team has been made aware of this.  There is no workaround for now sorry.

Regards,

Shane.

• Maree_7433728
    Maree_7433728 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2015
    Yes, I am having the same problem. This limitation also makes the new bank rules useless. I have noticed that when you add a payment to the register there is more info in the memo but the memo can't be used as a condition in bank rules??
  • Shane_6461899
    edited February 2020
    Hi Maree,

That's correct you can not use Memo as a condition for bank rules.  From the bank statements I have seen St George and Westpac seem to have the payee name first which would mean you could use the rules if your bank statement was like that.  Unfortunately not all banks have their bank statements payee field in that format, so we just have to wait and see if development can extend that field in the next release.  Reckon One however doesn't have a limit on the payee\description field so the full description and payee comes across, plus Reckon One also has bank rules.  If most of your data is input via bank feeds or bank statement uploads, it might be worth having a look at Reckon One by trialing it to see if it meets your needs or not. http://www.reckon.com/en-au/business/one/home.

Regards,
    Shane.
  • Maree_7433728
    Maree_7433728 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2015
    Unfortunately NAB don't have the payee name first. I don't know that much about Reckon One - I have been using Reckon Accounts (& its predecessors) for 13 years, can historical data, employees, items etc be brought across?
  • Shane_6461899
    edited February 2020
    Hi Maree,

Reckon has an online conversion team that can help with bringing data across.  There would be a cost involved depending on what data you want to bring across.  I should note at this point that Reckon One currently doesn't have a payroll feature, but that will be added in the near future.  Before considering making the move to Reckon One I would recommend trialing it first before going ahead.  If you decide to make the switch you can contact the online conversion team at reckonmigration@reckon.com.

I'm sorry yourself, Boyd and other users are experiencing these difficulties with Reckon Accounts, I will be sure to pass these concerns on to my superiors.

Regards,
    Shane.

• Maureen_7965741
    Maureen_7965741 Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2016
    I have the opposite problem ie too much detail coming down. I bank with KiwiBank and each transaction includes the date and time making each payee name totally unique. The old way of upload a QIF file was much easier for reconciling because it remembered how I handled each Payee's transactions. Now each one has to be entered individually and that's a real time waster.