BAS adjustment at 1A and 1B

CM
CM Member Posts: 4
edited April 2020 in Reckon One
Suggestion: Please add two lines in the Reckon One BAS statement review area for Minor Amendments that we can manually apply, that then update the 1A and 1B figures.
Reason:
When preparing a BAS statement, sometimes there are small corrections needed that have arisen from changes/corrections to data from a prior period. Under the ATO guidelines, if the changes equate to less than $5,000 in GST, and relate to a period within the previous 18 months to the BAS being lodged, then the figures at 1A and 1B can be altered to take those changes into account (akin to using G7 or G18 adjustments) and a correction to the original BAS, for the period the change relates to, is not required.
Reckon One has no capacity for me to do that in the BAS area directly.
Therefore I cannot mark the BAS as being 'lodged' for my client, it forever stays as draft, because the real lodged BAS has different figures at 1A and 1B (adjusted ones).
I can't enter a transaction to push the change at 1A or 1B as that would post a figure to an expense or income account causing a doubleup of the correction, as the corrected transaction is already in the cashbook (in a prior period).

Comments