BAS issue: Total sales less than GST-free sales

Treasurer, Caroline Chisholm Library
edited July 2020 in Reckon One
My latest GST summary calculates Total Sales (G1) to be lower than Other GST-Free Sales (G3). All our "sales" are GST-free since our income is donations only. I have manually checked the donations, and they agree with Reckon's calculation for the Other GST-free sales (G3). I have also manually checked that all income has been classified as FRE.

Why would Total Sales be less than GST Free Sales?  

Comments

• Felicity Bleckly_10462754
    Felicity Bleckly_10462754 Member Posts: 43
    edited July 2020
    Check your BAS set also includes GST free sales. I had that problem
  • Treasurer, Caroline Chisholm Library
    edited July 2020
    Thanks Felicity. Where would I do that?  I can't see anything in the General or BAS Settings about a 'BAS set".
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi.  When you run your BAS in Reckon,. click on the G1 tab to see which items you have included.  It sounds like you haven't included the FRE items.
    John L G
  • Treasurer, Caroline Chisholm Library
    edited July 2020
    John, I've run the "GST summary" in Reckon One, but all I get is a passive HTML page, no tabs. Are you referring to something else?
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    Sorry.  Cannot help you with Reckon One as I do not know it.  However, in Reckon Hosted and Desktop, when setting up the Business Activity Statement Details, we have to nominate which GST codes are to included under each category or what accounts are to be included in order to calculate the salaries figure etc.  I do not know how you do that in Reckon One.  These all relate to the respective labels which appear on your BAS.
    John L G
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    When you run your BAS, is there a config button which you select to determine the date range for your BAS?  I would assume that there is.  At the same time as doing this, I would have thought that there would have been an ability to say click on each of the respect LABELS, G1 W1, W2 in order to indicate which codes or accounts are to be included.  If you are reporting under Simple BAS most of the Labels are no longer applicable, e.g. G3.
    John L G