bas lodgement govconnect

Peter Baxter
Peter Baxter Member Posts: 19
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Reckon Accounts plus, trying to do our qtrly BAS, with GovConnect, I have not altered the PAYG instalment amount and yet it asks for a reason for the variation

"You must select a reason for the variation at T4."

There is no reason as there is no variation, will not let me lodge it

Comments

• Christopher Clough
    Christopher Clough Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2017
    There is another issue with the BAS form also. If you want to vary the tax instalment amount down to zero, with T7 at say $500 which is the ATO-determined instalment amount, so complete T8 (estimated tax for the year), change T9 to 0, and change T4 (reason code) to 22 - all valid entires, the Reckon BAS form will not accept the value of zero in T9 and will default back to the original T7 value in 5A.  If T9 is set to 1 (dollar), then all works fine.  So Reckon appears to be using the zero value in T9 as a trigger to retain T7 rather than also checking that T8 and T4 have been changed as well and thus the required value in 5A is NOT T7 but the varied amount at T9.
  • Peter Baxter
    edited July 2017
    Increasingly dissatisfied with this software, it has definitely not improved and in fact I would argue that it is worse than ever, quirky things that are never resolved abound. Have tried everything Kevin and resorted to basically reporting something that hasn't happened to allow the program to report my BAS. Why should I have to tell it that there was a change when there wasn't. Basically no way to get assistance from Reckon, EVER never has been, and no easy way to ask the ATO unless I get an indian translator, sorry if that sounds rough its pretty close to the truth. reckon do not resolve problems, they just keep collecting our money each year and let us stew in whatever rubbish they want to dole out that they call "improvements"
  • Peter Baxter
    edited July 2017
    So far as I can see portal does not autofill any more. Appears another "feature" of this software that is unusable. Starting to wonder what it is we are all paying for, its definitely not development of the software. Thanks for replying, cheers