BAS report is giving me different figures to my tax detail report

Tara_7833717
Tara_7833717 Member Posts: 2
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
My BAS report is giving me a different figure for GST on purchases to my tax liability report and my tax details report. Could you please point me in a good direction to try to find out where this difference lies? When I printed out the tax detail report I found that the 'original amount' and the 'amount paid' were not always the same. Is there a reason for this? Also why are invoices sometimes split up on different dates in the tax detail report:

eg. Inv 516211 for $23.74 is shown on the report 5 times with the amount paid totalling $23.74 but in 5 small amounts making up this figure...

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Tara.  Is it possible that you are running the reports on say a Cash Basis and the BAS on an accrual basis, or vice versa.  It sounds like they are not both the same.
    John L G
  • Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Tara, I've been using this product since it's inception and found where there's a discrepancy between these two reports generally indicates a data integrity error. There are several things you need to do to resolve this, call me on 0412 485 495 and I'll provide instructions.
  • Rozep
    Rozep Member Posts: 20
    edited April 2019
    Hi Jacqui.
    I have a similar error. Can I give you a call to discuss, if so when would suit you best?