BAS submission after changes from Auskey to Software ID

Options
SarahNation
SarahNation Member Posts: 21
edited February 2017 in Accounts Hosted
Just letting people know that I attempted to submit my BAS yesterday and had a few problems. I'm guessing it is related to the new software ID. If the company information you have in Reckon doesn't match up with exactly what is listed on the ATO portal, it will cause an error. I had the error come up and contacted Reckon, they said the problem was to do with the Business information and the ATO portal not matching up. I went in and checked, and because I had spaces between the ABN numbers it caused the error. As soon as I removed the spaces it worked. The other problem was another error, which told me to contact the ATO. I did and apparently they were having technical difficulties. Hopefully this will be fixed soon. I just kept trying throughout the day and eventually it worked. Although I did have to enter the details in manually as the prefill wouldn't work. Hope this information is helpful.

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Sarah,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

One of the purposes of Standard Business Reporting is to identify errors before lodgement, so any discrepancy in critical fields will be rejected.  Whether a number sequence that uses dashes and spaces in common-day speech should be maintained in electronic files is often ambiguous, but it is always best to follow the destination's format.

You mentioned that a prefill did not work. Was it with one field or all fields?  If the latter, check that you have used the same options in your BAS Lodgement form as the ATO are using in their Activity Statement Lodgement tabs.

regards,
    John.

• SarahNation
    SarahNation Member Posts: 21
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi John, Thank you for the information. Please could you tell me how to check the options are the same.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Sarah,

Have this picture from my training notes.....

So in Reckon Accounts, enter the ABN number in the Tax Rego ID field of Company > company Information...

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John