Why do BAS fields still show Zero?

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
I am using quickbooks pro 12/13 and I am doing a BAS for the first time, after configuring, it has all zeros. I have check that all accounts have the correct tax codes and I have checked that the BAS has the correct linked accounts. I have looked at the tax summary report and it has all the figures on it but I just cant get the BAS to update. Please help
Photo of Robyn Hearn

Robyn Hearn

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of SusanR

SusanR, Accredited Partner

• 1,938 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Robyn, 

When you configured the Simplified BAS Report in Accounts and linked the tax codes to the BAS labels, did you also check the reporting date range?

This is can be found by navigating to drop down menu Reports > Tax > Simplified BAS/IAS.  Then click Config in the bottom left and check the dates on GST Configuration, PAYG Instalment and PAYG Withholding.

I hope this helps.

Sue
Photo of Robyn Hearn

Robyn Hearn

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Awesome! Rookie mistake, I assumed the year was the financial year not the actual year. Thank you for your help!!!
Photo of Kent Marshall

Kent Marshall

• 60 Points
Hi,

I have this problem also and yet I have the correct date range entered on the report. This has happened since I upgraded the laptop and reinstalled Reckon with a back up of my company accounts. I get the correct fields for the other reports such as the Tax liability and Tax summary reports but just all Zeroes in the BAS report.
(Edited)
Photo of Linda Wilson

Linda Wilson

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

I am having this problem too - I have just renewed and moved to hosted. Did you ever get a response from reckon?

Photo of Suzanne Lockwood

Suzanne Lockwood, Accredited Partner

• 2,786 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Hi Linda,

Have you re-linked the GST codes to the BAS labels?

Suzanne Lockwood

Reckon Accredited Consultant

suzanne.lockwood@lockington.com.au

Photo of Linda Wilson

Linda Wilson

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Hosted - problems with BAS link report.

BAS link does not calculate although the tax liability report does. I have recently renewed and moved to Hosted. I have changed the dates etc in the config on each tab and all the balances reported as zero. Please advise.