Batch File - Firewall Port Fix - 2013 to 2018

Shane Harris
Shane Harris Member Posts: 11
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Here is a modified batch script (Original by Daniel F) to fix all the port issues, supports 2013 to 2018. Hopefully it will help a few people out.

Opens the following ports:
  • QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
  • QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
  • QuickBooks Desktop 2016: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
File needs to be ran as Administrator, after running the script, you need to restart your computer.

Get the file here: http://bit.ly/QB-Script

Comments

• Bob Greaves
    Bob Greaves Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2018
    I ran the original (Daniel F) version and it worked like a charm. Given it was my third visit in as many days to the Client site I was very pleased to be able to report the problem was all fixed and the firewall could be turned back on at the Peer to Peer Server M/c. This script has apparently had a tweak so I will use it in future. I can't emphasize enough how frustrating it is when a product is released to market when the installation does not work. The Reckon program Help and their Web Site Help is NO Help. In fact, incomplete, misleading and Out of Date entries sent me on a journey that wasted plenty of time (read money), had the client severely inconvenienced because the only PC (of the 5 required) that was usable was the Client/Server machine and the "dopey" IT guy (me), was continually wanting to work on that one.
    Setting up the Company File share, the user rights, firewall exceptions for the various Quickbooks / Reckon apps - were OK,  but the Firewall Ports that needed to be opened was the information gap.
    If Reckon can't provide an installation that works then at least provide a complete list of pre-requisite environment changes so a manual fix is possible. Every new version of the Quickbooks Accounts Premium Desktop requires different ports to be 'opened' it seems. So it is imperative that this information is easily accessible in the event of a problem installation. The other common diagnostic 'Quickbooks File Doctor' - could not locate or fix the 2018 Version issue.
    The environment above was not unusual with 5 Windows 10 Pro OS machines connected together as a workgroup (1 Management, 2 Admin, 1 Parts and 1 Workshop).
  • Danielle Carlson_9996271
    Danielle Carlson_9996271 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2019
    is there an updated batch file for 2019?
  • launchpad.net/~tudor
    launchpad.net/~tudor Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2019
    I've added an updated 2019 version on my github gist here:
    https://gist.github.com/h6w/618d07d63b89aad113c43af78535014d
  • launchpad.net/~tudor
    edited July 2019
    What file disappeared?  The link above works perfectly for me.
  • launchpad.net/~tudor
    edited July 2019
    Yes, but which file are you talking about?  The link at the top or my one on github?  As far as I can tell, the github one should be accessible to anyone all the time.  It has no restrictions and I checked it in both normal and incognito mode (while being logged out).
  • Spilly
    Spilly Member Posts: 182 ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    LOL, Yep that file will never work (never say never) but could be fixed.....

PS: Its like cheating off someones homework that wasn't correct in the 1st place....
  • launchpad.net/~tudor
    edited July 2019
    Seriously, which link doesn't work??  You're missing the point.
  • launchpad.net/~tudor
    edited July 2019
    Yeah right what?  Which link doesn't work??
  • Spilly
    Spilly Member Posts: 182 ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Kevin sorry for taking your fun away.

Tudor the script you posted at that link does not work, it was edited by someone that didn't know what they were doing. The script also false has information in it..as well as the original post above.

Please refer to this link for the real script:

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/ports-firewall-permissions-batch-script-original

I'd also suggest you don't edit them and repost them here, as your knowledge in this area may be somewhat lacking. This is only going to confuse people that generally need help.?