Being able to change invoice numbers in Reckon One

Andrea Blowes
Andrea Blowes Member Posts: 1
edited April 2017 in Reckon One
I feel that not being able to change invoice numbers in Reckon One is a major disadvantage. Mostly when you input clients data, unless you are a new company you are not starting from 1, but trying to replicate their previous sequence.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    It's a very good idea you've raised Andrea,

At this stage, the ability to change the default 'INV' prefix is available but not the invoice number itself.

There is a feature request logged for consideration to allow a different starting number for the invoice numbering count and I'll keep this idea open also.

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• davkell
    davkell Member Posts: 27
    edited April 2017
    Yes, I think this would be a great option. Example, my wife MUST issue a hand-written document for daycare services (govt requirement for payment of family benefit) that has it's own reference number. Each customer has their own book with sequential reference numbers. Currently, I replicate this document into an invoice for Reckon One recording and reconciliation. I currently put the reference number of the handwritten doc into the invoice as a Reference, but ideally, making the Invoice number the same as the reference would make reconciliation of payments much easier, and also less confusing for our customers.

Do we have a timetable on when/if this might happen? Seems like it could be an easy update to apply.
  • Tim Ozmen
    Tim Ozmen Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2016
    I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS! I JUST SPENT 2 HOURS CONFIGURING EVERYTHING AND I CAN'T EVEN CHANGE THE INVOICE ID? WHAT THE HELL :S