BILL THAT WILL NOT CLEAR OUT OF PAY BILLS SCREEN

Aleisha_8341887
Aleisha_8341887 Member Posts: 25
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
There is an old bill and credit for $2.60 from 2014 sitting in my pay bills screen. No matter how many times I apply the credit to the bill and pay it, it will not clear out. It appears successful but if I go back into that screen they remain there. 

I've tried applying the credit against the bill by itself, and amongst other (current) bill payments for the same supplier. I have tried using different bank accounts even though no cash payment is actually required, just to try & get around the glitch. No luck.

I've never come across an issue like this that I couldn't solve. If anyone has a solution that would be greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• Julia Lamb
    Julia Lamb Member Posts: 10
    edited February 2018
    Hello - quite a common error and quite annoying.  It is a mix match of tax codes and positive and negatives that has been used - Reckon does not handle it very well.
    You would need to separate the negatives out as a Credit Note / Adjustment Note for it to clear.

See also this post
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/clearing-partially-paid-supplier-bills

• Aleisha_8341887
    edited July 2020
    Thanks Julia. I'm a little concerned about messing with something from several audited Financial Years ago. Can you foresee any tax issues from doing so?
  • Julia Lamb
    Julia Lamb Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2020
    Hello - no tax issue - you simply removing as a negative and entering it as a credit note - which is also a negative but processed differently :-).  Ensure the same tax codes are used. Also very important is to ensure you settle the credit against the bill it relates to
  • Aleisha_8341887
    edited February 2018
    Thanks Julia. Will give it a try.