black screen of death

Simon Mallender
Simon Mallender Member Posts: 11
edited December 2018 in Accounts Hosted
Black screen of death is actually:
Gateway: User name is missing.
Twice in two days - but why isn't there a 'home' page which just tells us straight away which parts of the service we have paid for are not currently working. With an ETA - is there such a page??

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2018
    Where are you receiving this message? On login to Hosted itself or when attempting to launch the Hosted 2018 service?

Which browser are you using? Do you receive the same message if you attempt to use Hosted on an alternative browser?

Can you please check if there are any active sessions listed in the Hosted control panel.
    If there are, end them by clicking the 'Log off user' option in the respective session then logout, ensure that you use the logout option in the top right corner.

Close your browser and then try again after 3-5 minutes.

Is there any change?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Simon Mallender
    edited December 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled This page isn’t working hosted-connectv82.reckon.com. If you can't print an invoice - you can't run a business. Seriously your software sucks. To whom do I direct my invoice for the time it wasted? 
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2018
    Hi Simon,
    Can you please confirm if you've completed any of the suggestions I've outlined in my previous reply above.

Alternatively, have you had a chat with our technical support team at any stage in relation to this matter?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Simon Mallender
    edited December 2018
    Rav, so Reckon hangs; it gets disconnected from the server somehow. You only find this out when you want to print an invoice. So then you have to kill everything; then when you try to reconnect you get the black screen of death. So then you wait, and wait and try again and it's a big waste of my time. But I know the solution is not far away as I'm already porting to Xero and will be off this platform by June 30.