Black Screen when launching Accounts 2014 in the new Accounts Hosted

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hi Everyone,

Some users are encountering a black screen when launching Reckon Accounts Hosted. Please note that this is an unexpected system issue that our team is working on as a matter of priority. We expect to have a permanent fix for this very soon and will keep you updated.

f you do experience the black screen issue try closing the browser window and opening it again as this has worked for some users.

If you subsequently get another error such as "cannot connect to host", or 'connection lost", then we suggest you log out of the Dashboard and close your browser before attempting again. 

Thanks,
John
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,510 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Margaret Manchee

Margaret Manchee

• 2,222 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi John,

I have been doing "closing browser" and attempting again and again. Still not happening!

Could you please let us know what's actually happening? If the server is down, just say so instead of shifting your responsibilities to customers. Transparency/honesty is the best policy!

Thanks, Margaret 
Photo of Samantha Kean

Samantha Kean

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Was getting black screen, now today it's a white screen. We really all need to continue operating our businesses. We have payroll coming up and we also are trying to finalise EOY accounts. Our business uses this daily. These issues with upgrades happen, but when we have so many customers not able to function it's becoming a really serious issue. Do you have a rollback plan to the product that worked? When will the decision be made that this needs further testing or be working without issue?
Photo of Kate Byers

Kate Byers

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have gotten in now, but to open my company file I require a user name and password.  I only ever needed a password before. I've tried just a password - nope.  Tried using my reckon login - nope.  Any ideas?
Photo of Steve Bourke

Steve Bourke

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Can everyone else log in today or have is it best to just give up?

This is now just f#*@ bullshit.
Photo of Gillian Kingston

Gillian Kingston

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Kate, the user should be Admin with your password
Photo of Philip McVey

Philip McVey

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Well, like so many have said, this is complete rubbish. I wonder if the Reckon guys have watched the Social Network? What's the one immoveable principle for Zuckerberg? That Facebook NEVER goes down! Because if it does, you lose users.

OK, so we all make mistakes, we all have unforeseen problems in business. The key question here is; what are you guys going to do about this to make up for our inconvenience? If you can't tell us when it's going back online you can AT LEAST offer us a free month on our contract. 

You don't need to fix the problem to fix the relationships with your clients. This is Marketing 101... sheesh.
Photo of Penne

Penne

• 644 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I have a black screen all day . money lost big time today and confidence in Reckon 
Photo of Mark Dillon

Mark Dillon

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Also having problems for most of the day with black screen.

Please fix - losing money hand over fist today!!

Margaret Manchee

I had black screens for a couple of hours. Then it started saying "Connection to host lost". Now it is saying "Establishing connection Reckons Accounts Hosted for Australia".
Photo of Wenona Pledge

Wenona Pledge

• 344 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Starting a new thread for the same issue and not responding in others is yet another reason users are frustrated beyond belief.  This still does not answer why, despite trying three browsers, and doing everything you "trust will fix this issue" I still can't log in.  Tech Support line is also still engaged!

Margaret Manchee

Same here...Talk about "trust" Reckon...
Photo of Barbara

Barbara

• 70 Points
I got past the black screen and was able to use until my screen froze. Now, it doesn't matter if I log out, clear cache, restart my computer... if I get into my account I can only see the same frozen screen!
Photo of CO

CO

• 60 Points
WHAT A JOKE. Looks like I won't be doing much work this week and I'll be doing the pays manually via the ATO calculator.
Photo of Neill Alexandre

Neill Alexandre

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We are now 3 days into this so called upgrade and cant do any work. I presume that we will all be compensated for the loss of production and not being able to do any work. As well as having to ship products with no invoice. Very very disappointed in Reckon.
Photo of Philip Littlejohn

Philip Littlejohn

• 290 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have tried all options using Chrome, Internet Explorer and Fire Fox and even changing computers, but still the Black Screen with "cannot connect to host".
NOTHING WORKS!

Suggest that Reckon supply a copy  Enterprise for my local computer so that I can get on with running my business.

Philip
Photo of Julie

Julie

• 370 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Yes, I have always backed up the online file to restore to Enterprise so that I could run this report. Sort of defeats the purpose doesn't it? Any adjustments I made then had to be manually added to the hosted file! The cash summary report , I know, always took longer on both Reckon and MYOB as all transactions have to be assessed going back to day 1. As I said earlier, the Cash Summary report of Intuit was instant ie 1 - 2 seconds. 18 minutes on Reckon is ridiculous. Yes it is a very large file with 900 inventory items, but Intuit copes perfectly with that..
Photo of Debra Cook

Debra Cook

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

I am one of the lucky ones who has been able to get in today and yesterday.  I can report that there is little that is 'beautiful' about it. 

The interface remains the same old fashioned, out-dated and inefficient layout as it has always been. 

Printing a simple invoice or delivery note to stick on a box takes several steps and is filling up my Downloads folder at a great rate of knots.  Similar print functionality was a primary reason for not switching to Xero 2 months ago - boy what a flawed decision that was!

It is impossible to add a new delivery address to an existing customer account without going through the 'clipboard of hell' gauntlet.

Simple operations like tab through fields and arrow up and down lists no longer function at all - or, fun! - function in a backwards direction. 

Response time is significantly slower than it was via Citrix so now it feels like I am operating the old basic Hosted version on my old mobile broadband dongle in the home office again.

Photo of Sandra McLeod

Sandra McLeod

• 222 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Hi Debra

This is not going to solve all your issues, but for a fix for the simple operations (tab, arrow up & down) try using via Google Chrome.  When NZ upgraded a month or so ago I faced the same problems, was advised to use via Google Chrome and it resolved that part.

I completely agree that the new printing, download & clipboard system completely slows down the whole process.

Margaret Manchee

Hi Sandra

I use Google Chrome too but still get problems with TAB and arrows keys. Think there are some software bugs!

Cheers, Margaret
Photo of Clare De Courcy

Clare De Courcy

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Margaret, I have been having trouble with my TAB key too, when entering invoices, the TAB goes backwards, is this what is happening to you?
thanks
Clare
Photo of SHARON KERR

SHARON KERR

• 186 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

I have been having continual problems, such as not being able to log in, finally get logged in and the system in so slow or not working at all.  The system says not responding.  No Log in = No Work= No Money.  I have been on hold to Reckon for 30 mins, got cut off and am now on the phone again.  I am totally losing my patience with Reckon.  Pay lots of money for very little service. When will the system be up and running with confidence?

Photo of Michelle O'Donnell

Michelle O'Donnell

I have just logged off my user from the control panel and re launched and it worked after trying numerous times through logging off and re logging in through the normal process. You need to get the person who is the administrator for the account to do this for you. Hope this helps you!
Photo of Melvin Elias

Melvin Elias

• 60 Points
Nothing is working for us as well

Margaret Manchee

It says "cannot connect to host"!
Photo of Steve Bourke

Steve Bourke

I too am having the same problem. Can not connect to host. No matter what I have tried.

Can we send invoices to reckon for lost time??? Perhaps they should be offering next years subscription for free to compensate?

Is there are fix in sight??

Very frustrated user...
Photo of Maggie Game

Maggie Game

• 70 Points
I'm having the same problem. Black screen. I get message. Connection closed Have tried relaunching, closing browser, restarting computer. Took ages to get the new login details accepted but my accounts have vanished. Very unimpressive - Reckon
Photo of Julie

Julie

Finally a response from Reckon!! I have been doing exactly as suggested for 4 hours now, to no avail To think that I persuaded a few clients to hold off changing from the previous inferior Reckon Hosted product to wait for this! Get real, Reckon, if you weren't aware that you were losing customers before, the hundreds of comments posted today should wake you up.
Photo of Wenona Pledge

Wenona Pledge

I finally tried for the millionth time in Firefox and got in.  Nothing done different but it worked.  Found my company file and about 30 other company files as well!  Being unable to use a system is one thing, being able to see other company files is absolutely mind blowing!  What happens when someone tries to open someone else's file!  Big problem for Reckon I think!!!!!
Photo of Graham Wangman

Graham Wangman

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Unfortuneately I have the same issue, black screen or connection to host lost yada yada yada, Given that this has been in the pipeline to be implemented for sometime, i would have thought that the platform was tested prior to the release date, being today.

I agree, we should as a subscriber be provided with a copy of the software for our local machines.

The delays and not being able to contact anyone is terribly frustrating, confusing and costly to us the user's of your product.

Graham Wangman
Photo of Nathan Elcoate

Nathan Elcoate, Accredited Partner

• 7,290 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I am logged in to my own file via Chrome and have been all day... I was having issues earlier with client files via Internet Explorer, however just tried the same logins via Firefox and got in straight away.

It might be worth trying a different browser.
Photo of Kylie Kynaston

Kylie Kynaston

• 72 Points

Do you work for Reckon??

Photo of Simon Reich

Simon Reich

• 166 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
well if you look in his photo, the backdrop says "Reckon". Hopefully Nathan can help us get back onto Quick Books, because today has been a waste of time trying, both online & through the customer support line. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to add up the amount of money I've lost today. Hopefully I'll get onto the site tomorrow, but not holding my breath.
Photo of Kylie Kynaston

Kylie Kynaston

• 72 Points
I'm still at work trying to generate payroll, so employees get paid this week prior to public holiday on Wednesday.  I have managed to get into the program but none of the keys I'm currently using to type this moan appear to work inside the invoice or payroll area's, great success........not! I tried the support line to, only to be told they were "SORRY", makes me feel so much better! Not only that 2 months of data is missing!
Photo of Ronald Poernomo

Ronald Poernomo

Just downloaded FF, but same thing. This is clearly not a browser issue! Any other suggestion? Tried on FF IE Chrome Safari still black screen.

Please get your Axis IT team to do quick fix for now as you can see people need this to work so that they can work! Once your team figures out a solid fix than do your patch deployment on the weekend!
Photo of Nathan Elcoate

What I have found is that if you go into Control Panel, then use Logout in the upper right section of the screen, close your browser and try again, you may get in. Also, no I don't work for Reckon, just a Professional Partner Consultant, thanks :-)
Photo of Wenona Pledge

Wenona Pledge

SIGH! Spoke too soon.  Got kicked out and when I go to log back in all I get is the black screen, not even a message now.  
Photo of Nathan Elcoate

Try logging out of the system via the screen where you can see Control Panel, or click to go into Control Panel, then log out from there, and then try to log in again - you might pick up a different server.
Photo of Julie

Julie

Dont get your hopes up too high everyone. I'm finally in after 4 hours and am wondering why I was so anxious for this upgrade. I just ran the tax summary report on a cash basis om a very large file on both Reckon and Intuit Quickbooks -  ( the very same file). Intuit Quickbooks built the report instantly I am still waiting for Reckon to generate the report - 17 minutes later  still no report. My client will be thrilled that he made the change when I tell him this
Photo of Nathan Elcoate

Sorry Julie, how can you have the same file in Intuit QuickBooks Online? Their system is totally different... or do you mean a Desktop version? Or are you on Intuit's Hosted Program using a US version?
Photo of Julie

Julie

My client's backup  file has just been converted to Intuit Quickbooks, but his subscription is still current with Reckon Hosted, so the file is still there. I left t it there awaiting this "wham bam thank you mam" upgrade, so as to test it with a big file. I glad we moved it!
Photo of Nathan Elcoate

Oh OK makes sense, thanks :-)

Margaret Manchee

Photo of Debra Cook

Debra Cook

yes, Philip's method worked for me too.  Give it a go, everyone. 

I am also considering sending an invoice for my time and loss of business today.  Assuming I can generate an invoice.....

Margaret Manchee

Yes his method worked for me too. I am with you - we should charge them or get credit for the loss of productivity and money.
Photo of Tracey Castles

Tracey Castles

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Philip - Took me a few goes but also works now...I am using google Chrome..good luck everyone!!
Photo of Karen Nelson

Karen Nelson

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
It seems I've lost one of my company files??? Also cut off after waiting 30 minutes.  Has anyone else had this problem?
Photo of Nathan Elcoate

I logged out of my file via Chrome, and couldn't get back in, tried Firefox, and again went straight back in. Might be worth trying Firefox for those having trouble.

Margaret Manchee

Hi Nathan 

Try Philip's method https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/success_with_login
It worked for me. Good luck!
Photo of Wenona Pledge

Wenona Pledge

When you get the black screen it leaves you logged in so you have to go into the Control Panel and log out then start again.  Third time and I am back in using Firefox.  I know a lot of people were having trouble with this browser but as I use Chrome for all the other things I run I had to go with this browser or I would have been closing everything else constantly for hours and hours.

Really poor form Reckon, hope to see an apology from the top and a discount on our next monthly payment would also be fair I think!
Photo of PCA

PCA

We are in the process of switching programs due to the recent upgrade issues that lasted days. We didn't quite get everything we needed and now we are made to wait to complete our changeover. Well done Reckon on another failed upgrade!

Photo of NSP

NSP

• 272 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Everything everyone else has complained about above.  I have absolutely no faith in Reckon and am switching to another application that does not have these continuous issues. No system means we have unhappy customers!
Photo of Simon Reich

Simon Reich

• 166 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Totally agree with all the rage towards Reckon. I have tried all day, used everything people have suggested & still no joy. I can't bill anyone at all !!!
Photo of Adriana Hewett

Adriana Hewett

• 206 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I still cannot get in. I have payroll tomorrow so hope they will have it all fixed by then???!!!
Photo of Ian

Ian

• 694 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I can get in but it is data from last June, not my current files

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.