Black Screen when launching Accounts 2014 in the new Accounts Hosted

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hi Everyone,

Some users are encountering a black screen when launching Reckon Accounts Hosted. Please note that this is an unexpected system issue that our team is working on as a matter of priority. We expect to have a permanent fix for this very soon and will keep you updated.

f you do experience the black screen issue try closing the browser window and opening it again as this has worked for some users.

If you subsequently get another error such as "cannot connect to host", or 'connection lost", then we suggest you log out of the Dashboard and close your browser before attempting again. 

Thanks,
John
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,510 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of David HD

David HD

• 198 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Jack - out of 10  zero mate. this is 2014 not 1984. you cant release changes to accounting systems and hope they work. you are costing us all money.  Recompense for economic loss.  A feel a class action coming on.
Photo of Alison

Alison

• 126 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I bet they are glad they set up this community cos now we can all connect!!!! Haha.
Photo of Michael Temme

Michael Temme

• 204 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Haha, that's a bright spark in a very dark day. I hope they are ecstatic
Photo of Katherine Smith

Katherine Smith

• 550 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Love it. The reckon vigilantes. A pack of maruarding accountants charged with an anger never before witnessed. Could get ugly folks!
Photo of Tony Huang

Tony Huang

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am getting stuck at the message saying "Establishing connection to Reckon Accounts Hosted for Australia". Is this what everyone else is getting??
Photo of Chris Tavenor

Chris Tavenor

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Just one of the problems
Photo of btron

btron

• 1,044 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I've seen this before... Quake LIVE had a fail at launch... They gave us all one free year of premium accounts..... We still play Quake LIVE.... I wonder if we will still use Reckon this time next year.... and Quake LIVE is only a comupter game.... WINK WINK
Photo of Chris Tavenor

Chris Tavenor

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Well I've looked into quick books today a couple of friends use this and are very happy if this is not fixed soon I'm going to use this
Photo of Johan Gouws

Johan Gouws

• 264 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Absolutely pathetic!!! All of you at Reckon should rather become used car salesmen. You might have better luck there.
Photo of Kristi Minehan

Kristi Minehan

• 330 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

I have read through it all, tried all the fixes.  Am now even getting in occasionally, but when I do is slow and have to work as quickly as I can because it just keeps throwing me out.

I have loved this product and have happily used it, despite the backup difficulty and slowness.  I particularly like the reporting flexibility.  Unfortunately the last couple of months have totally soured it for me - I have wasted so much time that could have been productive that it has cost me money to continue to be loyal.  It has also cost me in fines due to late lodgement fees.

No more!

The only reason I paid my subscription for Reckon Accounts Hosted last month was so I could finalise the year and have something to use while I set up with an alternate software provider.   Whilst the reporting function is not nearly as flexible, I have been using alternate software in the cloud with some of my customers for sometime without a hitch and when you ring the helpdesk they are OK with admitting they don't know something - they actually find out and ring you back.  They even follow up afterwards to make sure it all turned out like it should have.  Amazing - customer service !!!

Reckon - this blunder has really cost you !  Collectively it has cost your customers (me and all the others that have posted comments before as well as those that were so angry they have just walked away) so much more.  We now have damaged reputations due to our inability to service our valuable customers who we actually care about and time lost in trying to work with damaged software we've paid good money for.

If you want to survive, you need to listen, keep people updated and at least pretend like you care.

All the best

Photo of Rob Lakin

Rob Lakin

• 252 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Yeah . Another great day in the office ..I got on at 4:45 pm....Was so happy....then shut it down to go collect my son from child care...Cheers heaps Reckon. That class action is looming
Photo of Chris Stoltz

Chris Stoltz

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
You've got to be joking!. After the debacle of your last "upgrade", you still learnt nothing and screwed this up too. It's time to look elsewhere ...
Photo of John

John

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
The reason we cant login is because the new system can not handle the load of users. The NZ version was released a few weeks ago and has been working great because the number of NZ users is low so the system can handle the load.  But it cant handle the massive load of AU users as we are in the tens of thousands.  Poor testing in development I bet - due to lack of resources and unattainable dead lines.

I have spoken to tech support, they can't help us, they're just call center guys with little IT knowledge, they are not working on the back end of the system.  It would be IT contractors working with a major solution provider like Citrix (but not Citrix).

I'm over this, I'm not wasting my time with tech support since its out of their hands anyway.  

I would like to see the project manager behind this Hosted V2 project come on this forum and  admit his/her mistake, and what they are doing to fix it.  
Photo of Incompetent_Reckon

Incompetent_Reckon

• 176 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Skeeve Stevens - http://au.linkedin.com/in/skeeve

According to his Linked in:
Reckon

Public Company; 201-500 employees; Computer Software industry

August 2013 – Present (1 year 1 month) Sydney, Australia

I am responsible for the overall design and management of the network infrastructure of Reckon Limited. Reckon owns the Reckon Accounts (formerly Quickbooks) and ReckonOne line of products as well as Reckon Docs, Reckon Elite and much more.

Also convicted of credit card fraud in 1998.
http://www.afp.gov.au/media-centre/publications/platypus/previous-editions/1998/june-1998/computer.a...
Photo of VDL

VDL

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
That theory re NZ/Aus would work well "Dead Books Hosted User" except that I am in NZ and have had glitches from Day 1.  The tab issue, booting us out unexpectedly, data missing, pixillating, locking screens, etc etc etc etc.  I was told it was because we were 'rural' and our internet wasn't fast enough.  Guess what -- we are in Auckland.  True, not as metropolitan as Melbourne perhaps but still a decent sized town I would have thought.  Have tried IE, Chrome, Safari ... nada.  Unfortunately, they have been caught unprepared and hopefully are literally working around the clock to keep their promises to us.
Photo of Rob Lakin

Rob Lakin

• 252 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
about bloody time...just logged on through reckon.com and its the fastest logon ever...fastest the programme has ever worked too....printed through that pdf view...fast. thinking class action should still apply...BUT...if this is now stable its very good......fingers crossed ???.....hhhhm???....still gonna check out Xero and wait till my head\anger clears....ideas???? stick it out? Sue them??? just leave???
Photo of Robert Axford

Robert Axford

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I've been using quickbooks since 1999. This year, I have had so many problems, I started looking around at other alternatives. I found a wonderful online service called SAASU. It is reasonably straight forward to upload and transfer all the info from QB. It is much better, cheaper, reliable, faster. I'm loving it. I had to go back into QB to check on some old info. I'm so glad we changed with all this trouble going on. I finally got in to the new system. It looks like the old system running on a browser instead of a dedicated application. Unfortunately, I have to keep it active for a few months until I no longer need any of the information. Good luck.
Photo of RL

RL

• 512 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

It is now day three and most of the issues have settled for my area.

I am running windows 8.1 and IE 11. I am not experiencing the issues as described now that I can get in. I have been able to get in and out without issues, a bit slow to respond, I have been able to print remit's Cheques, A4 there to a page without issue. Almost like what it was before. Personally I do not like the double handling of the files, ABA and Print, as this is wasting my time. But at least it is working.

I do not understand WHY it was released with all the issues that it has. We will be leaving Reckon as fast as we can now that we have control of our data.

Thanks to the group for all the help.

Photo of Admin

Admin

• 70 Points
Haven't been able to log in for 3 days. Surely an upgrade should be easier than this
Looking for a new application now
Photo of David Pratt

David Pratt

• 60 Points
People take a chill pill this new version is heaps better than the old and of course there will be early teething problems... 
Sometimes it takes time to sort through these problems so take a deep breath and chill out
Is it really worth the stress & anger?? i think not!!
Photo of Steph Van der Does

Steph Van der Does

• 196 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I might be inclined to chill if I could get in and look at this better version, only 4 days late with people's pays so far...
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Steph, thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry to hear you are behind on payroll. Are you still having trouble logging in? ^Mirko
Photo of Rod Clark

Rod Clark

• 692 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hey John,

Can you help - how to I get keyboard to stay on screen using ipad - at present every time I move to new field I have to reload keyboard, also to ability to tab, copy, past esc or control U not available on ipad - I could get it using Citrix - I have always paid a premium subscription fee - now I'm getting less than the old standard usage.
Photo of Susan ODonnell

Susan ODonnell

• 272 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
How do i make sure my MS Internet Explorer Compatibility Mode is turned OFF?
Photo of John Graetz

John Graetz

• 23,706 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Susan - go to Tools (near top right hand corner) scroll down until you see Compatibility View - it should not have a tick against it.  If it does, click on it and it should change.
Photo of Susan ODonnell

Susan ODonnell

i haven't been able to get into anything since the upgrade.....I need to payroll today......
Photo of Tiffany

Tiffany

• 300 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

I have created an excel spreadsheet for this very purpose so I can still do pays if and when the system is down, I know it is double handling but at least I am in control of some things.

Photo of Susan ODonnell

Susan ODonnell

thankfully i have never not been able to get into our system so sadly i haven nothing.....
Photo of Jen Mulholland

Jen Mulholland

• 96 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

This Susan is a tragedy for all small business and larger business that do pays today.

They will loose a lot of people to the other programs out there.

Photo of Andrew Hellier

Andrew Hellier, Employee

• 3,834 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi Susan,

Are you still experiencing any issues logging in or accessing the service?

If so can you please let me know.

Thanks,
Andrew
Photo of Tiffany

Tiffany

• 300 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

In all honesty Reckon have caused an exorbitant amount of costs to businesses all over Australia and I believe that they should supply every customer (that stays with them!!!) a free desktop version to enable offices and businesses the ability to continue operating when the system is offline.  This would at least allow the daily input of data, invoicing and payroll to continue without direct impact on the customer.  This facility should also be backed up to automatically every time the data file is opened on the Q drive (when it works that is !) with a local backup to the customers own computer.  I don't understand how this appears to be not factored in when a Corporation claims to be able to supply a service that we all know has the ability to be inaccessible by the consumer due to several factors, including internet servers down, glitches or major upgrade failures.  Reckon maybe you should always have a back up strategy in place, I have had to.  I have created an excel spreadsheet with all the employees wages, allowances, deductions, superannuation, etc. just for this very reason as unfortunately Reckon has gone down a couple of times on our pay day.  Lets see what Reckon have to offer to keep their customers happy and feeling partly in control of their own businesses.

Photo of Jen Mulholland

Jen Mulholland

Hi Tiffany Lawson, I am hearing you this is impacting business all over Australia.

I am a book keeper and swapped my own business over 12 months ago to the Intuit version because of the system being so glitch from last few up grads prior to the end of last year. Best thing I have done, Only problem is I have other businesses on this system still......

How do you explain to people with staff that need to be paid that you can't pay them because a program is not working mmmm think they better move their bottoms fast to rectify the problem.

Photo of Andrew Hellier

Andrew Hellier, Employee

Hi Tiffany and Jen,

Are either of you still having issues logging in or accessing the service?

If so can you please detail what issues you are experiencing.

Cheers,
Andrew
Photo of JO

JO

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

I am, I've just been waiting hope it will be fixed soon, I only manage to get in once a day then I get logged off when I'm still using it, now I will waste the rest of the day trying to get back on.

I have noticed when I'm in I don't have the 3 Icons to up/ download, I just have 1 icon of a picture of a keyboard. I need these icons.

Photo of Andrew Hellier

Andrew Hellier, Employee

Hi JO,

Thanks for letting me know,

Can you please email your details through to community@reckon.com -Attn Hellier

We will be in touch,

Cheers,
Andrew
Photo of JO

JO

Thank you I've just sent an email
Photo of Jen Mulholland

Jen Mulholland

Hi Andrew, still getting the same screen it is day two of trying to get on.

this screen just continually says trying to connect.

I can sit for over 1/2 hour in a few goes still nothing.

I will also email you

Photo of Denise Belcher

Denise Belcher

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We also have had similar problems - have 2 users and have massive problems getting a second user in at the moment. It is hit and miss as to whether you get in and it logs you off for being idle even when you have been using it. Then be buggered if you can then get back in. very frustrating. I hate to think of the hours lost here trying to log in.
Photo of Tony Huang

Tony Huang

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have the same problem... been watching the same screen for the last 4 days and still nothing....
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Guys, what browsers are you using to access Hosted? - Mirko
Photo of Paul Monardo

Paul Monardo

Getting sick and tired of these problems with Reckon Hosted - have suffered so much down time over the last week and still not getting nowhere fast - should be ashamed of yourself - operate 2 businesses and use Xero with one of the business - never have any problems - runs like a dream - unlike this hunk of junk - absolutely annoyed at the moment costing time money and frustrating - get your act together cause once you lose a customer - very hard to get them back  and am seriously considering changing to Xero even though it will be costly and have to run two programs for a while - be well worth the effort 
Photo of E Jones

E Jones

• 60 Points
Got in yesterday, but today the connecting to host screen page just closes by itself and nothing happens?  Any solutions yet?
Photo of Andrew Brown

Andrew Brown

• 62 Points

so very glad this is a client's problem, not mine! On the back of this experience I am already suggesting they swap to another product, time will tell whether that happens. I will definitely NOT be recommending the company's products to anyone else after this experience though...

Photo of Nick Sykes

Nick Sykes

• 70 Points
I have had 9 months of stuff ups! I am gone!  Xero is mindblowingly simple. Don't be afraid to change. I got goosebumps when I realised all my problems generated by WRECKEN were gone
Photo of Gary Duggan

Gary Duggan

• 356 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I had this problem. I updated my graphics card driver and all is fixed. I can't take credit for this , found the solution on the community board.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.