Bug? Allocation by Account Graph

gavin.nicholson.au
gavin.nicholson.au Member Posts: 78
Hi all,

I have had this problem for years but thought I would start to post my bug reports and see if anyone else has the same problem or a solution. 
In the INVESTING tab select the ANALYSIS subtab from the top right. I then have three pie graphs. The one on the right is "Allocation by Account". Mine is stuck on 26 Aug 06. Any ideas on how to make it show the current value all the time?

Also on this page while I am here there are the "Asset Allocation" graphs and "Allocation by Security" graphs. They don't show the same value they are about $1300 different. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Gavin...

P.S. And of course if I go to REPORTS>>INVESTING>>INVESTMENT ASSET ALLOCATION I get a different value again! Yes have done a million validate and super validates. As I said these sorts of issues have been going on for years through all the various updates to the program.

Comments

• Dan Fardon
    Dan Fardon Member Posts: 43
    edited February 2017

I don't know how you can alter the Report date. Mine shows today's date, but I cannot see how to alter that date.

However, I never use that analysis window. I  a) use the Investing Portfolio view, and customize that view to show the various ROI periods etc.  I am interested in, b) Use Investment Adviser names for the Investing Goals, and attach each Security to the Investing Adviser Goal who recommended that I purchase that security, c) create Investment Performance Reports by Investing Goal. This then tells me who is giving me the best advice based on various investment periods. I also use a dummy index which is the factored value of my portfolio divided by the All Ords/1000. I update my share prices and that dummy index at the end of each month, and those series of Reports gives me a good guide as how I am performing. In all this.

Hope this helps

Dan Fardon

• gavin.nicholson.au
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for the info Dan. Confirms for me that this is yet another bug if yours works fine but mine does not.
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Gavin, try to set up a new data file and see if this also causes a problem. There maybe corruption in the file itself. If same issue is replicated on a new data file, a fresh reinstall of the product may help. As Dan mentions it is not occurring for him, and I've not heard of this since 2015 was released (and there have been many other issues reported), it would indicate that this is an isolated cases.  ^Mirko
  • gavin.nicholson.au
    edited November 2014
    It may be isolated and yes it probably is some issue with my file since I have had this problem since Quicken 2007! However, it doesn't say much for the fault tolerance of the program that this aspect of the program can just stop working due to some issue in the data file. I just tried creating a year end copy to see if that would change anything and the program crashed! :-( Your report ID is 149301091