business 2019 upgrade interrupted

JS_7603250
JS_7603250 Member Posts: 10
edited June 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Can someone please help with upgrading 2019 business desk top? it wont let me do it as I get message upgrade interrupted. reckon tech center are no help, they tell you they are maxed out and not accepting any calls. I pay a premium for support but I cant get any. 

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Hi JS,
    There are a few solutions to this error message and I'll link our Knowledgebase article below which outlines them all. In particular, I'd highly recommend 1, 2 & 3 listed in the article.

Installation Interrupted when installing Accounts Business

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• JS_7603250
    edited June 2019
    Hi Rav, 

step 1, no print spooler comes up when I type Services.msc
    Step 2, Net Framework 3.5.1net  was already checked. 
    step 3, I'm not game to attempt this and completely lose everything. 

surely this should be a definite fix for this. 

would be good if I can chat to reckon support on the phone. ?
  • JS_7603250
    edited June 2019
    Hi Rav, 

Turning off print spooler did not work. 
    net framework did not work. 

surely others have had same problem and rectified.  
    Can you help? 
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Hi JS - this is a tricky one I have come across a few times over the years (even with my own computer once!) - every environment is different with different applications running in the background etc that can cause an installation to fail - if you go to the link above that Rav has suggested - I think most people have had success with Workaround No 5?  Otherwise you might need to get a computer tech to take a look, but direct them to read the KB article link from Rav first so that they know what they are dealing with.  Good luck!
  • JS_7603250
    edited June 2019
    Thanks Linda, 

This is something Reckon should be putting online step by step. they like taking my money every year but are very vague with support. 
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Don't forget to login to the Reckon Members area using your customer ID and PIN whenever you have issues...check out the knowledgebase for answers to your issues... putting "interrupted" in the search box will bring up the step by step instructions... unfortunately these problems are very random, but Reckon try to post known solutions that can be followed..hopefully one of these will assist you.
  • JS_7603250
    edited June 2019
    Thanks Linda.