Business participant

  • 2
  • Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
Does the JobKeeper payment for an eligible business participant go through payroll and STP?
Photo of Angela Milani

Angela Milani

  • 262 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

  • 2
Photo of Angela Milani

Angela Milani

  • 262 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I found the answer to my question from a post yesterday, thanks.
Photo of Lee


  • 1,016 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Angela would you please post a link to yesterday's post?
Photo of Dewi Hermanto

Dewi Hermanto

  • 356 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Photo of John Graetz

John Graetz

  • 28,834 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Angela.  There are two aspects here and I am not sure if you are confusing them.  So I am clarifying for you.
1.  The employer has to register to receive the JobKeeper payment and to do this, must login to the ATO Business Portal (as usual).  Once there, go to Manage Employees and then click on JobKeeper enrol and complete the application.
2.  Any payment that you make as a means to top up an employee's pay to $1,500 must be processed through payroll as it is subject to tax, but you are not obligated to pay SGC on the topup.
3.  To obtain the payment from the government, you must nominate the start date for the payment - if you are backdating to your first payment for the month you would use the code ending in FN01.  If you are only doing this from the next fortnightly period, you use the code ending in FN02  If you do not nominate this in payroll according to he instructions issued by Reckon, you will not get paid for April unless you do the update manually, I believe.
John L G