Buy in bulk sell per metre

Colin Reid
Colin Reid Member Posts: 1
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
We buy cable by 100 or 300 metre rolls and sell per metre. We are trying to use units of measure but how do we cope when we import our price list from a supplier.  They sell 1 x 100 metre roll and we sell per metre. How do we set it up using units of measure it seems to expect us to be buying at a per metre price?

Comments

• Kevin Whiting_9030083
    Kevin Whiting_9030083 Member Posts: 16
    edited February 2018
    The items you sell are not the same items as you buy (shorter, variable lengths).  So I suggest you use use an Assembly process to "convert" from fixed length roll to variable length cable.  You will then be able to price each item separately.
  • brian_7664759
    brian_7664759 Member Posts: 50
    edited January 2020
    I am an electrician with the same issue. I divide the cost by the length (sometimes to 4 decimal places to balance the input in “enter bills” and sell at per meter. For heatshrink I convert to per cm cost as that’s what I sell at. For PVC conduit in 4m lengths I convert to per metrr and sell at that. Works for me.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2018
    Hello Everyone,

Please go to Help > Reckon Accounts Help, and in the keyword field type unit of measure for guides to buy in one measure from a supplier and sell to customers according to another measure.

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John