Can a balance be carried forward to a new invoice?

Anita_8363986
Anita_8363986 Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
edited February 2019 in Reckon One
Hi, I generate monthly invoices to customers but cannot seem to work out if an unpaid balance can to carried forward to the new invoice. Some customers are regularly slow at paying and while I mention the overdue amount in an email, if they don't read it properly they simply see the current invoice. Is there some way to have the total balance due on the current invoice? Many thanks.

Comments

• Luke
    Luke Moderator, Reckon Staff Posts: 221 Moderator Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Hi Anita,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to do this.

However, within the last few months we added the Customer Statement feature, so you could always send this to the customer so they are aware of their outstanding amount.

To generate a customer statement please follow the instructions below:
    1. Click Contacts > Customers
    2. Tick the check box next to the customer(s) you would like to generate a statement for
    3. At the bottom of the page click the button 'Create statement'

I hope this helps.

Luke.
  • Anita_8363986
    Anita_8363986 Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Hi Luke. Thanks for that. I've given it a go but I cannot seem to print out the statement or create a PDF so that I can send it to the customer. Any ideas?
  • Luke
    Luke Moderator, Reckon Staff Posts: 221 Moderator Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Hi Anita,

Once you're in the customer statement section, you need to click on the name of the customer to open their statement. From there, you can either choose to print or send it via email. See below:

Luke.
  • Patricia Fehlberg
    Patricia Fehlberg Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2019
    Hi Luke,

I too have the problem of not being able to print the Statement.  I do not have the option of saving, closing or printing.  When I go back to the Customer page.  I click the customer's name and then create statement but that is all I can do.  There is no separate statement section is there?