Can anyone tell me how to run Accounts Hosted on my mobile phone?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
Have tried to log in on my Android phone, also my partners iPhone. Same thing happens to both, log in ok, but then goes through the steps and goes back to 2015 R1 screen.
Have tried Chrome and Firefox on android.
Photo of Greg Geltch

Greg Geltch

• 728 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Greg

This is an area of specialty for me, in IT, supporting APs and PPs for Reckon.   The observation I've made with Android SmartPHONEs with Reckon HOSTED relates to the password handling.   I find that if the password contains characters other than 0-9 a-z or A-Z,  then when you reach the the 2015R2 screen and attempt to click and go further into RAHv2,  it goes through the motions but pops back to the green button to run 2015R2 again.  This issue was also discovered with Reckon ONE (prior to the EVO HTML5 edition) back on 15/5/15.

Solution for me was:
a)   Use a desktop client PC or TABLET  to connect to the RAHv2 website
b)   Instead of logging into 2015R2,  go to the control panel button instead
c)   Generate a password that does NOT have special characters.
       (Just use a combination of the other three required characters:  0-9  a-z  A-Z)
d)   Then try your Android smartPhone to log in as usual.
e)   This solves the problem for me, at Alchester.

If you could clarify if this is your situation,  as it was still the case for me re-testing it here tonight on a HTC phone with Android v4.4.3,  then we could pass this on again to PSG for their escalation/notice.

Cheers

Gary Pope
An Accredited Partner- Consultant  (VIC. Aust)

"Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
      independent IT Professional
and retired FCPA Accountant"

(Edited)
Photo of Greg Geltch

Greg Geltch

Thanks for your reply Gary. My password only has those 3 required characters. Dont really want to use a tablet, as I am an earthmoving contractor and the less I have to carry the better. Running Android 5.0 on Moto X 2014.
Regards
Greg
Greg.  

I'd like you to test your Android phone on a test company I used successfully last night.  Call me (or email me if preferred)  for login/password, s we can compare apples with apples on this.  

Gary Pope 
m: 0408994799
e:  gaz@alchester.com.au
Photo of Gail Lewis

Gail Lewis, Accredited Partner

• 1,316 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I don't use special characters in my password either and neither does my client - so any other ideas
Photo of Greg Geltch

Greg Geltch

No Gail, but since Accounts Hosted is promoted as being mobile friendly, someone from Reckon may answer sooner or later.
Photo of Gail Lewis

Gail Lewis, Accredited Partner

• 1,316 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
um Reckon One is but not so much Reckon Hosted as that is promoted as internet friendly, as it used to work am sure it will work again so I have asked tech support too so hope to get a reply tomorrow