Can employee number be changed?

Karen_9297034
Karen_9297034 Member Posts: 3
edited March 2018 in Payroll Premier
We are about to start using a timesheet/fingerprint scanner system, which we will import into Payroll Premier each fortnight to do the pays.  The issue we have is that the employee ID's in the timesheet program need to match the Payroll Premier ones.  We have 4 different states, which is 4 x Payroll Premier files, so we may have duplicate numbers throughout the states.  Is there any way that the employee number can be changed in Payroll Premier to match the timesheet program? 

Comments

• Katrina Stubbs
    Katrina Stubbs Member Posts: 29
    edited March 2018
    Hi Karen
    I had this same issue when I started importing from my timesheet/log system. Its imperative that the importing information be identical to Premier. 
    The short answer I found was no you cant change the employees ID. The way I got around it was to terminated then reinstated the employee (the employee will get two payment summaries at the end of year - no biggy!).- Then change your timesheet/log system to match the updated information. Painful process yes but once you've ironed out these issues, importing is so much faster, efficient and easier. 
     I've been successfully importing over a year now and can't believe I used to manually enter all information. 
    Hope that helps. 
    Katrina
  • Brett Pack_9354529
    Brett Pack_9354529 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2017
    Hi Karen,
    I am inquiring about a finger scanner/timesheet system that works will with Payroll Premier.
    Can you recommend the one you are using?
    Regards
    Brett
  • Brett Pack_9354529
    Brett Pack_9354529 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2017
    sorry that is, *well

• Karen_9297034
    Karen_9297034 Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2018

Hi Brett, We are using uAttend, but still finding our way a bit with it.  We haven't had the payroll training yet - and uAttend have never exported data from the timeclocks to Payroll Premier before!  They seem confident that they can do it - but I guess we will find out when we have the next lot of training later this month

• Katrina Stubbs
    Katrina Stubbs Member Posts: 29
    edited March 2018
    Hi Brett
    I use AMS Timeminder (it has finger scan capabilities as well as a card scan system). After alot of time, research and frustration (limited help from Payroll Premier about importing) when trying to export from time system and import into Payroll Premier I worked out this... Your chosen clock in system will need to export information into a csv file. Premier have a certain format that you will need to replicate to import successfully. This was the tricky bit. My time system could not export exactly how Premier requests for the import. I needed to have a program that is the in-between - that converts the information out of the time system and creates a file that Premier will accept.  
    I'm happy for you to give me a quick call to discuss what I found out and how it works for me. It might save you alot of time. 1300 434 263.
    Regards, 
    Katrina
  • Brett Pack_9566279
    Brett Pack_9566279 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2018
    Hi Katrina,
    Thank you so much for coming back to me and offering your advice!
    Sounds a little cumbersome. 
    I will give you a call when we look to make a decision.
    Again thank you  and good luck.
    Regards
    Brett
  • Brett Pack_9566279
    Brett Pack_9566279 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2018
    Hi Karen,
    Thank you so much for getting back to me.
    I would be interested to now how it went/goes when you do the import.
    I will look in to your solution for some info.
    Again thank you and good luck.
    Regards
    Brett