Can I build custom Open Sales Order Report - not grouped by customer or item

Carrie_7009426
Carrie_7009426 Member Posts: 67
edited July 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
We have a delivery business and I want a report which will show open sales orders sorted by location (postcode).  The only options currently available are grouped by customer or item, but I can't sort by postcode as it will only sort within each group.  Any ideas? 

Comments

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2019
    Hi Carrie,
    Yes you can!
    If you go to Edit drop down menu > Find > Advanced Find > Transaction Type = Sales Order > Detail Level = Summary Only > Paid Status = Open > Then click Find > Click on Report on the right hand side > click Modify > tick to add the column for Name Post Code > Sort by Name Post Code > click OK.
    Kind regards,
    Sally McIntosh (Sally@samsolutions.com.au)
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016
    Having those customised reports as Memorised Reports are very handy.

Since memorised reports can also be exported as templates, any useful customised reports that are not 'company file specific' can be shared with other users for use with other company data files, wherein they can then be further modified with specific filters relevant to that data file, such as filtering for accounts, names, etc.

* Data Recovery Team *
  • Carrie_7009426
    edited October 2016
    Thanks Sally, you are a genius. I didn't realise that you can create a report from the find function.  I can now memorise it and the warehouse can pull it up as required.
  • Carrie_7009426
    edited October 2016
    Hmmm,  just started going through the report more thoroughly and it is showing up sales orders that are open, closed and invoiced in full.  I have compared this list to the  Reports > Sales > Open Sales Orders by Customer and discovered that  both lists are different to the Sales Order Fulfillment sheet.

The standard report Open Sales Orders by Customer is also showing orders which are closed (but not necessarily fully invoiced).

I have sales orders that are not fully closed (and are showing items as being backordered) but they are not on the Sales Order Fulfillment sheet..... I am a bit concerned about this.

Any ideas?
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    Hi Carrie,
    The Sales Order Fulfillment Worksheet does not show Sales Orders that only have Non-Inventory parts. They will show Sales Orders that have a combination though.
    Kind regards,
  • Carrie_7009426
    edited October 2016
    Ok, so that isn't very  helpful - one would think that it showed ALL open sales orders.  Is there a tag/status field which states whether an order is open/closed?  The report I generated included sales orders that are completely invoiced or those that have been manually closed.
    edited December 2016
    Hi Carrie,
    I agree with you, it would be much better if it showed all open Sales Orders, not just ones with Inventory as it has great tools for packing slips, etc. I have asked Reckon to put this on the feature request list for future releases.
    Are you referring to the report I assisted you with? Did you add the filter Paid Status = Open?
    Kind regards,
  • cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Hi Carrie, unfortunately, yes as Sally as stated , not possible , like many other reports,all these features just not possible within any SME softwares. Intuits version of Quickbooks version has much more powerful cababilities and is able to do some of these requirements , but still, not all.
    The wish list of features since i have been involved has never stopped, and it will be ever growing...
    If this issue is very important and very critical for your business operation, there are options, discuss with us, we can help you.  You have a choice either to live with it and wish one day it will happen ( i was in that situation once that was some time in 1998 on wards) or get work arounds or get some developed tools.

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Carrie_7009426
    edited July 2019
    I understand what you are saying and I agree - an off the shelf software package isn't going to be 100%.  Aside from that,  I would see the fact that the Sales Orders Fulfillment Sheet is not showing ALL open sales orders as quite a flaw.  I have had to trawl back through all my Sales Orders and I have found some that we have missed because they were not showing up - bad for business!  I will certainly be putting this through the wish list team.
  • Carrie_7009426
    edited October 2016
    Hi Sally - thanks again for your time.  Yes the report which you gave me the steps for using the find feature.  When I run the report as directed, the transactions listed include all three categories of Sales Orders (Invoiced in full, Closed, Open).  Any ideas?  I have tried altering the Paid Status to Closed and the results are different, but still showing closed/invoiced in full/open Sales Orders.