Can I change the word 'Chequing'

Peter Evans
Peter Evans Member Posts: 3
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
The word 'Chequing' is not a real word; it should be 'Cheque'. This word is automatically generated in the Totals line of a Balance Sheet Report. Can you please change this???
This might be a word used in Canada, but, not in Australia!!!

BAD AND INCORRECT ENGLISH BUGS ME!

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    Agree
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited September 2019
    Recommend you add it to the Ideas Portal and see whether it gets voted up.
    https://ideas.reckon.com/?project=RAB

• Ginie Smith
    Ginie Smith Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2019
    Shouldn't it be "Bad and Incorrect English BUG me?"
  • Peter Evans
    edited September 2019
    exactly my purpose in writing it that way!
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Whilst it is used mainly in Canada as you pointed out, it is actually a real word - the original US version of QuickBooks used to pass through a version change in Canada before it came to Australia for our version changes...  assume that this was overlooked, as the spelling was still somewhat close to our Cheque Account spelling.

Definition:
    chequing account
    noun - Canadian, an account at a bank or building society against which cheques may be drawn at any timeAlso called (in Britain and certain other countries): current account

When posting this in the Ideas portal - ideas.reckon.com - we should probably suggest the words Current/Savings for that heading the Balance Sheet?
  • Peter Evans
    edited September 2019
    So, can it now be changed for Australia?