PAM Urquhart Member Posts: 3
edited April 2018 in Accounts Hosted

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited April 2018
    Hello Pam,

Thanks for asking.

All invoice templates give you the ability to add or remove the tax column.

For tax to be calculated you must have tax tracking turned on in Edit > Preferences > Tax > Company Preferences.

In Item setup, include the tax code to be used with this item.

You can also setup your Accounts and Customers to use a specific tax code that will override the item setup selection.

Hope this helps.  

regards,
    John.

• PAM Urquhart
    PAM Urquhart Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2018
    Hi John
    Yes I do know all of that.

All but one of my templated invoices have a unit price that is GST excluded then GST is calculated as the invoice is done.

But I have one templated invoice where the unit price is GST included.

As I have it setup now is I have to unclick the small "amounts include tax" box on the bottom left corner for all my GST ex invoices, I wish it was the other way around where I had to tick it for the GST inc invoice because that is a less frequent invoice I do.

I have setup this particular Item as GST inc (NCG)in the tax code part, but when I go to do the invoice I dont have the choose of of clicking NCG only GST or FRE.

I am not sure if I have explained it very well.

Pam
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited April 2018
    Thanks Pam,

Go to Edit > Preferences > Tax > Company Preferences, and in the Sales figures section, select Net if you do not want the Amounts include tax ticked on each new invoice you create, and Gross if you do want it ticked.

NCG is the 10% gst code for Purchases; GST is the 10% gst code for Sales.  You can set these codes on the Item setup, and if your circumstances require it, you can set codes for Accounts and Customers that will override the Item setup.  

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John.