Can I run a trial version of an updated Reckon while still using an older version?

Kristy_9618018
Kristy_9618018 Member Posts: 4
edited April 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi I am wondering 2 things please;
Can I run a trial version of Accounts Accounting to see if I want to upgrade, while still using Reckon Accounts Easystart 2014 without causing any issues?
Also, where can I find the Installation Key Code for the trial versions of the different software?  It says they can be found on the Reckon website but I am unable to locate them

Thanks
Kristy

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2018
    Hi Kristy,
    Yes you can run a trial version.
    When you download the trial, after completing your details the next page prior to initiating the download will list your key.
    If you wanted to trial the Reckon Accounts Accounting version, the trial page is here -
    https://www.reckon.com/au/trial-downloads/free-trial-accounts-accountant-edition/

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kristy_9618018
    edited April 2018
    Thank you Rav - I have tried this on a couple of different computers and this is the message I get

Trial Key An Error Occurred : Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.

Are you able to advise where to go from here please?

thank you
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2018
    Hmmm ok that's a bit strange. Let me ask the product team about that.

Does it occur on other browsers as well?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kristy_9618018
    edited April 2018
    Thank you.  
    Yes I have tried it on both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.  I have no trouble downloading the trial, just the key.  I have also tried it on other versions of the program out of curiosity and receiving the same message.  
    Thank you for your help
  • Rav
    edited April 2018
    Thanks for confirming that Kristy,

Ok, we've had a word with the Product team and they've been able to replicate what you've described as well. They can get that fixed up, but they do need to line up a few things on our end to do that so its looking like it will be in place tomorrow afternoon.

Apologies for the hassle! I'll let you know when I get word from the team as soon as they've sorted it.

• Kristy_9618018
    edited April 2018
    Thank you very ,much for your help Rav.  I look forward to hearing from you when it is fixed at your end.

Could you also please advise if I will need to uninstall and reinstall the trial I have downloaded once this is fixed?

This discussion has been closed.