Can not install Reckon Accounts 2019 - script error on page

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Answered
I purchased Reckon Accounts 2019.   Downloaded the installation file.   When attempting to install the program, instantly I get the following error:

Script Error
An error has occurred in the script on this page
Line 136
Char: 2
Error: Automation server can't create object
Code: 0
URL: file:///C:/TEMP/Reckon_Accounts_Perso...

I can't get past this error.

So, how do I install Reckon 2019?   I'm running Windows 7 64 bit system.
Photo of st

st

• 2,110 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 64,790 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I've been uninstalling and reinstalling Personal 2019 quite a number of times since Monday to test a few things and I encountered a script error message once only. I acknowledged the message by allowing scripts to continue running and the process moved forward.
Mind you, I'm on a different operating system (Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit) for what that's worth.

Are you given any options to acknowledge this message? Where in the process are you encountering it?
(Edited)
Photo of st

st

The options are YES and NO to continue.   Clicking either option, nothing happens.   I have subsequently found out about going directly to the HAB\DISK1 folder and clicking Setup.exe directly.   I got further into the process but eventually failed, the error is:

An error has occurred while installing Reckon Accounts 2019.
Quicken Failed to install - Exit Code: 1603

Photo of st

st

After click through that last error message, it then indicated to uninstall previous versions.   I'll give that a try, but got to get a coffee first.
Photo of st

st

All good, now installed.   

<rant>What a nightmare installation process, why is it so difficult.   I had to delve into the folder structure to complete installation, not from the pretty front-end that pops up.   Then uninstalling previous versions, really.   How in the hell do non-computer people expect to install this product?</rant>
Photo of st

st

For what it's worth, this time around I decided to scrap the annual licence thing, was going to be $170 for one year and elected to buy a perpetual licence for $220 and in that, I've got two years of share updates.   The main thing is that I won't be forced to upgrade as I was this time around.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.