Can’t log in plus amending data

• Problem
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
Hi there

I am trying to submit payroll info to the ATO.
Unfortunately my password doesn’t seem to be working. I’ve tried to reset it but when I get the email and I click on the link in the email to reset my password it doesn’t reset it - it just goes in a circle back to the original log in page rather than letting me reset the password. Also I made an error with one entry sent to the ATO when I first registered. Can you please tell me how I can make an amendment to it?

Thanks for your help
Photo of Benjamin Stranks

Benjamin Stranks

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,926 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Benjamin,
Can I just confirm, are you using the Reckon STP app or the GovConnect service?

Either way, can you confirm the ABN you have registered and also confirm if the email address you're using to login is the same email address for your Community account.

Benjamin Stranks

Hi Rav
It’s the reckon App. benstranks@hotmail.com is the email registered for the app and ABN is 81 976 648 121.
Thank you

Ben
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,926 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks Ben,
I've had a look at the account and everything looks to be ok in terms of the account set up. Usually the cause of a situation similar to what you've described is due to a mismatch in the login credentials but doesn't look to be the case here.

Are you using the Android or iOS version of the app?

Could you try uninstalling the app from your phone and then re-download it before trying to login again or reset the password one more time.

Benjamin Stranks

It’s IOS. Did the uninstalling and reinstalling but same issue. Reset password clicked on link and it just takes me back to the login page again. Just a repeated loop.

Benjamin Stranks

I click on that get it sent to my email the reset link but it just takes me back to that screen.

Benjamin Stranks

Hi there just following up on this. Still can’t log in. If it can’t be resolved I’ll have to change to another STP. Will I have to inform the ATO of this? Still can’t submit any further payroll info to them
Thank you

Ben