Can’t upload to ato portal

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
Hello, how do I edit my GovConnect subscription as I have entered in a GST branch number but according to the ATO I don’t have a GST branch number. I think this is the reason I can’t launch STP to upload my EOFY report. I’m using reckon one. Please help
Photo of Peter Clark

Peter Clark

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 84,100 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Peter,
Can you please confirm the ABN you've registered in your GovConnect service. Also, is the email address you've used for your Reckon Portal account the same email address registered to this Community account?
Photo of Peter Clark

Peter Clark

ABN-60871887961. Yes I am using the same email
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 81,514 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for getting back to me Peter. Ok, so a couple of things to cover off.
When I search your ABN I can see that yes there has been a registration with a GST branch number of 608 created.
Usually I'd be able to delete this but because there have been submissions sent (regardless of it being successful or not), I can't do that.

There was however a separate issue which was an error preventing you from registering the ABN 'normally' ie, without the branch number. I've cleared that now so you can go ahead and register the ABN again in GovConnect without the branch number this time around.
Give that a go and let me know how you get on.
Photo of Peter Clark

Peter Clark

Also I have tried to upload our EOFY report again and in this pic it doesn’t show the “TOTAL GROSS” & “TOTAL PAYG” I have attached a picture. Further information- I haven’t been uploading STP reports weekly. I have only tried to upload our EOFY report.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Peter,
Just need to double check, is the STP entity in your screenshots a brand new one that you've just created with the correct branch or is it the same STP entity with the branch number of 608 registered to it?

Secondly, about the error messages from the screenshot below, there are a couple of things here.
The first two error messages mean that there are invalid characters in your pay event, from the looks of it specifically its quotation marks in the postcode field. Recheck the employee profiles and just make sure there are no special characters in their details.

The 3rd error message is a bit more involved. Initially we were advised by the ATO that there would be no problem with the first STP submission being the finalisation/EOFY submission. However it looks like in the last week this has changed and finalisation submissions are being rejected when they are the FIRST submission ie. no prior STP submissions during the financial year. 
Photo of Peter Clark

Peter Clark

Thank you for your reply Rav,
1st- yes it’s still the original 608 branch number account.

2nd- I will check all post codes in employee details.

3rd- what are the possible ways to finalise our EOFY submission. Ie submitting all individual Weekly pay runs using STP?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Peter,
About the STP entity with the 608 branch number, this isn't correct for you/your business right? As in, you need a STP entity without a branch number?
... but according to the ATO I don’t have a GST branch number.
The reason I'm asking is because that's what you mentioned initially but if its correct, then that's totally fine as well. If you don't have a branch number and need your STP entity to reflect that, you just need to create a new STP entity.
Click on Add Product on the top right > select Reckon GovConnect > It will take you through setting up a new STP entity and you'll be able to register your ABN without the branch number.

In regard to the EOFY submission rejection, what you can do is create and submit a pay event for the LAST pay run of the just completed financial year (there's no need to send ALL the payruns, just the last one of the year) and send that through via GovConnect. Once it is successful, you can send the finalisation submission.
Photo of Peter Clark

Peter Clark

Hi Rav, I’ve actually been able to upload our EOFY report to the ATO but it has come back with an error. I am unsure how to read and fix this issue. ABN-60871887961 I’m using this email.