can you help me with 'cannot find the language resource file (dblgen9.dll) error message

Options
Sanela
Sanela Member Posts: 3
edited August 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,390 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Sanela,

Could you let me know which program and version you're using along with your operating system?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Sanela
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hi,I was looking for trial download of Reckon Accounts Premier Edition 2015 but seems all your products are now 2016 versions. Tried to download the 2016 Accounts Premier version and got that error message. Using Windows 7 Professional.
  • Sanela
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I also get the message asking to advise you of error codes (-6010,0)
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,390 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Thanks for getting back to me Sanela,

Have you had any Reckon programs installed on this PC before? If so, can you let me know those versions also.

I've had a chat with the Support team in relation to this also, a suggestion they've advised which has yielded some success with this error is to perform a uninstall/re-installation of the software.

Any chance you could please try this and let me know if there is any change?

Thanks
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• John_8651989
    John_8651989 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hi Rav, I experienced the same problem as Rav. Same error message and same error code. I uninstalled my 2015 Reckon Accounts Premier version and then reinstalled it as you suggested, but still got the same error message and code. Can you help please?
  • Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi John,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

As a first measure, run the programme reboot.bat in your installation directory - the default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Reckon Accounts 2015\..  Full guide is available here.

If that does not do the trick then you'll need to perform and clean uninstall and re-install of the programme.  Full guide is here.

Hope to have you back up and running soon.

regards,
    John

• John_8651989
    John_8651989 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Thank you very much for your help. Got it working now, cheers
  • kym coomber
    kym coomber Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I am having the same issue with Accounts Plus 2016. I have run the reboot as per above and also uninstalled and reinstalled.
  • Luke
    Luke Moderator, Reckon Staff Posts: 221 Moderator Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi Kym,

If you're still having issues with this, please form a clean uninstall and reinstall of Reckon Accounts. This goes beyond just a normal uninstall and reinstall.

We have a guide for this which can be found here.

I hope this helps.

Luke.