Can you undo a specific months bank reconciliation

Options
Admin Direct
Admin Direct Member Posts: 5
edited February 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Is there a way of undoing a specific month of bank reconciliation or do you have to undo every month until you get to the month where I have found an issue. (A delete visa card payment for $25.00) Unfortunately it is back in November 2018. I thought I fixed the error by reentering the visa card payment and I went back and ticked it but it is still out by $25.00. 

Comments

• Somi Assaran
    Somi Assaran Alumni Posts: 24
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi,

Unfortunately you need to undo all reconciliation after Nov 2018 one by one to reach the correct month.
  • Admin Direct
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Thanks for the prompt reply. I was hoping there may have been an easier way.
  • Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options

Somi is correct but you can either do a Journal entry in this financial year bring it to the correct balance or in your next (or last) reconciliation you could let the reconciliation show that it's 25.00 out and then a new box will come up saying 'Reconcile Adjustment' it will say you have a 25.00 discrepancy then hit the button 'Enter Adjustment"; That way at least you know what it is
  • Somi Assaran
    Somi Assaran Alumni Posts: 24
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi Kevin,

I'd be interested to know more about the solution you have. Are you able to post it here for other users to see? It would be useful.

Thanks

Somi
  • Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options

I like your solution neat; but I make sure I'm never out of balance. The few times I do muck up in a previous reconciliation I've entered something in the wrong month/year
  • Admin Direct
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Thank you Kevin.  I already acted on Somi's reply and have unreconciled all those months and reentered them. I hope it never happens again but I am going to print off your explanation and keep it somewhere safe...just in case.
  • R0sie
    R0sie Member Posts: 16
    Options

Hi Zappy, I have the same issue. May I confirm what exactly is the shortcut process?