How can I speed up the printing of address labels?

Options
EyeVee
EyeVee Member Posts: 7
edited February 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
It currently takes several minutes for "working - sorting labels" to finish.

Thanks

Comments

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi EyeVee,

I can only think of one possible solution thay may or may not help.  Before printing the lables resort the Name List (go into Write Cheques > put the mouse cursor in the "Pay to the order of" field > press Ctrl and L > View > Resort Lists).  Try printing after that.  If it still takes along time it may be due to having a large number of lables to print.

Regards,
    Shane.
  • EyeVee
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hi Shane,
    I tried your suggestion and it did seem to speed up the sorting process and the screen didn't hang like it often does with this task...but it took nearly two minutes to process a label print for two debtor names...is this normal?  We have a large number of debtor names in the database but it isn't ever large numbers of labels we are trying to print at any one time.
    Thanks,
    EyeVee
  • Inigo
    Inigo Member Posts: 193
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi EyeVee,

If during the label print operation you are in Multi-User Mode, switching to Single-User mode may also improve performance.

I've got 412 customer names and if a label print is done for all of them, it take less than a minute.
    This is using an old Windows XP computer with only 512 MB of RAM.

Filtering it for only two names, makes the process under 30 seconds.

-IM
  • EyeVee
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Yeah we've tried single user mode. If you can print your labels that quickly I must have something going wrong...
    Many thanks.
  • Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi EyeVee,

I suggest you open the sample file, print some lables to see if the speed is the same or better.  If it is the same it may be your printer, test it with a different printer. If it is faster than in your company file then it may be your company file.  In that case do a verify, rebuild and test the printing again.  If the problem persists it may be time to start a new company file.

Regards,
    Shane.
  • EyeVee
    edited February 2014
    Options
    As did as suggested and the sample file works fine. Rebuild made no difference. So it would seem problem is with the (size?) company file.
    Thanks for your help.