Can I remove the leave accrual from the Casual employees payslips?

Rosie
Rosie Member Posts: 118 ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
We have both casual and permanent staff. I have noticed that when printing the payslips for employees the leave accrual boxes are still showing employees but with no information in them. 
I am coming from MYOB where only the payroll categories you tick for the employee show on their payslips. Is there a way I can remove these fields from the casual staff payslips as I think it may confuse them to now have these fields on the payslips. 

What do businesses with a large amount of staff do for this situation? Would I need to set-up two different payslips and manually select the staff that need a "Permanent Staff payslip" and those that require the "Casual Payslip"? If so, this would quite tedious for the number of staff we have. 

Any ideas or advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks, Rosie 

Comments

• Jason Beaven
    Jason Beaven Alumni Posts: 17
    edited December 2016
    Hi Rosie,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

As you have figured out the only way is to have two separate payslips. One for the permanent and one for casual employees.

Jason. 
  • Rosie
    edited June 2020
    : ( Thats what I expected. Thanks for your reply. 

Rosie 
  • Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    Hi Rosie

You could also set up two Payroll Schedules; one for permanents and one for casuals.  Set up via Employee Centre > Payroll Tab > Related Payroll Activities > Add or Edit Payroll Schedule

Set up the schedule relevant to the majority of employees first, and allow it to automatically add everyone to this schedule.  Then set up the 2nd schedule and edit the employees to put them on the relevant schedule

You can now run the pays in two runs, and print off a payslip customised for each group.  This has the added advantage of being quicker to process as permanents often have few changed from pay to pay aside from leave taken and permanent part-timers with variable hours.

Graham Boast
    Reckon Accredited Consultant
    graham@reckonhelp.com.au
    www.reckonhelp.com.au/remotesupport

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au

• Rosie
    edited June 2020
    Thanks Graham, sounds like a great idea