Can i use Pro Timer for my employees to log in how many hours they worked?

Michael Togias
Michael Togias Member Posts: 1
edited September 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Can i use Pro Timer for my employees to log in how many hours they worked?

Comments

• Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    Yes.  

This is a very under-utilised function that has been included in Pro and above since v4 (1996)

The timer program is included in the installation files in a folder called Reckon Pro Timer.  You can install it on each employees computer and they can use it to record job information.

At the end of the week/month, the jobs are exported from each employee and imported into Reckon as a timesheet entry.

There are also other programs that just use the Reckon timer features.  I personally use an iPhone app called QuickTimer published by William Modesitt. It's only $6.49 and can export to itunes, email or dropobox.

I have set up a plumber with this and it works well. He uses an iPod touch that is left in the van (as opposed to left on the bar at the pub friday after work!).  Staff enter times and notes on completion of job, then at the end of the day when back at the shed use wifi to export the file to dropbox.  Bookkeeper imports files next day ready for invoicing.  Hardware and software cost was under $300 per vehicle.

I would be happy to help you set it up in your business.

Graham Boast
    Reckon Accredited Consultant
    graham@reckonhelp.com.au
    www.reckonhelp.com.au/remotesupport

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au

• Rachel Whitehouse
    Rachel Whitehouse Member Posts: 14
    edited April 2015
    Is it compatible with Reckon One?
  • Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    No.  Just Desktop and Hosted

Graham

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Thats good Graham, wow Timer , i used it yes thats in 1996, never was happy,
    We are now trialing, our Cosmic Mobile responsive app, where any employee can pick up the phone or i pad , enter, jobs, items, class , notes which u can saved and recall and post directly to client server . and all admin or payroll clerk does is reviews the time sheet, and if all ok, then post it to RA. no need for drop box . we have desktop versions running already. i have just been able to produce an average quality video of it. and ALSO RIGHT NOW WE ARE GIVING AWAY FREE FOR ALL APS and partners to use. Graham my staff may have even called you. we are giving all free for you to use.

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Graham Boast
    edited December 2017
    Actually, Reckon One has its own iphone app so you should be able to enter the data directly into the program