QIF bank transaction upload support: Reckon One

Angus Morrison
Angus Morrison Member Posts: 1
edited July 2019 in Reckon One
Can you please help me with a bank transaction upload issue with reckon one. I imported transactions from a qif file and all were displayed properly. I then went and created a transaction rule. Then, when I returned to the transactions/banking screen to reconcile the transactions, all the transactions had disappeared. I went through this procedure a second time with the same result. Thanks for any assistance.

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi Angus,

Welcome to Reckon Community.

Did you know that you can create a rule when importing transactions from your QIF?

Just click on More Options and then select Create Rule and when you complete it you will be returned to the import screen just as you left it.  

Hope this explains the process.

regards,
    John
  • Scott_6428906
    Scott_6428906 Reckon Staff Posts: 75 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    11/05/2016

Hi Angus,

I just noticed this thread whilst looking for another thread on the community. Appologies for the delayed response.

The issue regarding manually imported transactions (i.e. CSV files or QIF files) & navigating away from the import/reconcile screen, resulting in the non-actioned transactions disappearing when you revisit the import/reconcile screen.... this issue has been fixed.

The fix was included in the May 2015 application update.

Regards,
    Scott.

• Ben Hurree
    Ben Hurree Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2017
    Hi I am getting the same problem tday on reckon one my iimported data disappear while navigating out ; what procedures i am missing to keep the imported data!!!
  • John G
    edited March 2017
    Hi Ben,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

When you return to the New Transactions screen make sure the green highlight in the Upload Source section is on the Bank Feed.

regards,
    John.
  • Colin Connop_9007479
    Colin Connop_9007479 Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2017
    virgin:  i have matched all from download to the cheqing register and gone to my main register and nothing there  which it usually does (two weeks work) any clues  quickbooks 2014
  • Colin Connop_9007479
    Colin Connop_9007479 Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2017
    found a solution by changing inside register the chequing to no 1 register a lttle painfull
  • Sarah Mostyn
    Sarah Mostyn Member Posts: 15
    edited April 2017
    I too am having this same problem, incredibly frustrating and Reckon Support are not being any help. Telling me i have to re-import the missing transactions only - that's totally impractical when I have nearly 200 transactions for the month!
  • John G
    edited April 2017
    Hi Sarah,

When you return to the New Transactions screen make sure the green highlight in the Upload Source section is on the Bank Feed.

regards,
    John.
  • Sarah Mostyn
    edited April 2017
    Hi John, can you send me a screen shot please? I don't know what you mean. There is a green highlight but I can't move it or change it. The transactions all magically appeared again about 1/2 hour after logging off for the 4th time- thank god i didn't do another import.
    From a Practice perspective Reckon One has a LOT of little bugs, glitches and annoying limitations which mean that our firm will not be recommending it to clients until it is improved. I have waited over a week to try to discuss these with the development team.
  • John G
    edited April 2017
    Good to hear its working now Sarah.  Not sure what was going on.  This is what I was referring to:

As there is no BankData connection here the green highlight is not movable -   I can only click on Bank feed: setup to sign up for one.  The New Transactions tab will show transactions from either BankData download or from an Uploaded file but not both simultaneously.  Moving the green highlight will switch the views.  

regards,
    John
  • Sarah Mostyn
    edited April 2017
    Yes mine looked like that, but under the New tab was no data whatsoever. It was temperamental all morning and kept coming and going when i was doing things in different parts of Reckon (eg: invoicing).