cancelling reckon hosted - what to do?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
we are thinking about cancelling our reckon one hosted. what happens to our data (we have used it for 2 years) and how can i access it to refer to if/when required?
Photo of rosie

rosie

• 206 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Shayne McNamara

Shayne McNamara

• 842 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I am 99% sure that every Hosted Account is eligible for a Desktop version.  Not well advertised and I had to ask for ours.  I needed for a different reason (a big data audit just kept hanging up - the desktop version didn't solve thsi problem anyway).  But if you contact Reckon they will give you a download link for your Desktop version.  Once you have that you can then download your company file and will be able to access your historical transactions from there.  In theory you could even keep using the Desktop version for your accounting if you are the only one that needs to access the company file.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 86,860 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Rosie,

As Shayne has mentioned above, all Hosted customers are eligible for a single user Enterprise licence. However this is tied in with your Hosted licence and once your Hosted licence is cancelled, the access to functionality in Enterprise is also removed and the file will be switched to read-only.
Photo of Susan Filer

Susan Filer

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Are you cancelling Reckon One or Reckon Accounts Hosted.  Reckon Accounts Hosted comes with desktop Enterprise License but Reckon One does not.  From my experience, Reckon One you will lose access to the file so print full General Ledger and all Reports you need before cancelling.  This is why I hate online programs.  They tie you to using their program because you need access to historical data...
Photo of Kay Laws Accredited

Kay Laws Accredited, Accredited Partner

• 3,454 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Just to Clarify with Reckon One, you DO NOT loose access as you do with other Software Vendors, Reckon One allows to have read only access for & years once you cancel your subscription.
Photo of rosie

rosie

• 206 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks everyone.   Sorry for the confusion, we are using Reckon Hosted  and have contacted Reckon for the read only access.
Photo of Vivien Atcheson

Vivien Atcheson

• 2,700 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
What do you do if you use a Mac? I called the help desk yesterday to arrange the desktop version and was told that it was not compatible !  Are there any Mac users out there successfully using the desktop version?
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

• 22,222 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You'll have to run Reckon Accounts on Windows, so basically bootcamp for your mac
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 86,006 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Vivien,

Unfortunately our desktop range is not officially supported on the Apple operating system.

Multiple users have however confirmed successfully operating Reckon Accounts using Virtual Machine capabilities on an OS X environment. This is not a solution we can support however maybe something you may wish to explore.
Photo of Vivien Atcheson

Vivien Atcheson

So Rav,

can we be given a perpetual read only licence online then?
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

• 22,222 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Rav, why can't Reckon support Reckon Accounts in a VM? The VM is running 'windows'. As long as the VM hardware meets the min specs required, then it all should be good
(Edited)
Photo of Vivien Atcheson

Vivien Atcheson

I agree Andrew ... I ran Quickbooks/Reckon in a Virtual Machine for years without a bother. Just had to export items I wanted to email etc.  I had a minor problem once that they wouldn't help me with because they "don't support Mac" ... so I called back and told them I was using Windows and they guided me through the problem ...all done !

We only went to Hosted Online because it said it supported Mac... when in actual fact it should read "we support a bit of Mac" ... I had to find out for myself (completely fluked it) that I CAN use shortcuts still - just not Mac shortcuts on my Mac - but can use Microsoft shortcuts ...