Cannot email invoices from Reckon Accounts Accounting 2020

martin_6669966
martin_6669966 Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
edited September 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi,
I Updated Reckon 2 weeks ago, from 2019 to 2020 all good no problems.
Last email of invoices on Saturday, all good, no problems
Today Monday, no updates or changes to anything on PC.
The only difference is when Starting Reckon, the small screen appears to advise of yearly account needs to be paid in 2 weeks time.
When trying to email accounts, via Outlook 2016, program stops and says, 'Reckon experienced a problem and must be shutdown.
Displays a code    19720 59432
I can still print as a PDF to desktop, but without emails to my customers I cannot get paid.
Please advise
MM

Comments

• martin_6669966
    martin_6669966 Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hi Kevin,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I made sure the program runs as Administrator,  always did, no success.
    I have tried all the options in this link, no success, and I think this has to do with installation, whereas I have installed the 2020 update a few weeks ago and all was good until one day all hell broke loose, and the emailing of invoices has failed.
    Strangely and annoying , this has happened every year I do the yearly update, for the last 5 years in a row.
    The first 2 years it was to do with printer file, I remember  I think I had to delete  a file and the program installs a new file at startup.
    The last 3 times it was due to when IE did updates, I selected a certain setup, whereas I if I select the standard setup, all was good.
    This time not sure, but if you could give me any more options or the way  to help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks
    Marty

• Riva Shpak
    Riva Shpak Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2020
    Hi Martin. Same happened to me yesterday (first time) since I've been emailing client's invoices for years with every upgrade. Yesterday I used an older 2019 version, and it stopped working. Installed the 2020  R1 just now, but with the sane results. The situation improved when I upgraded the browser, so at list I can use this email account. However, doesn't work with Reckon. The same message asking me to check the email address and/or the password settings in Reckon. LOL. Using same settings for years.