Cannot input negative adj to STP mobile app

• Problem
  • Updated 6 days ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

My 2020 employee payment summary is incorrect. I input my last pay of 28th June 2019 on the 1st July 2019 in the app....and it has been added to the new fin year payment summary in error. Rav has advised others to create a negative adj. The app will not let me do this. The negative symbol does not input. How can I correct my 2020 payment summary please. Thanks
Photo of Penny D

Penny D

• 244 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 89,364 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Penny,
Have you submitted any pay runs for the NEW financial year SINCE the submission for the last pay and was it marked with the 'last pay of the year' tickbox?
Photo of Penny D

Penny D

Yes Rav. I have and it was
Photo of Darryn

Darryn

• 522 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Penny, you may have fallen foul of a bug that's causing grief for others here.  See:

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/stp-app-cant-make-negative-2018-19-adjustment-amongst-oth...

Do you get the "YTD total can't be negative" message, or is it just the case that the "-" won't input?  I can start typing a "-", but get an error as soon as a figure follows it.

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 84,864 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Darryn,
Can we please refrain from labeling this as a bug to all & sundry at the moment please. It certainly hasn't been confirmed as such.
I want to establish if this is the current design at the moment in terms of the YTD reset occurring AFTER the payrun is sent for the new year or if there is something else happening in these cases.
In terms of the negative adjustment, there is no issue there provided there is something to adjust already for the specific balance in the related period.
(Edited)
Photo of Penny D

Penny D

This is not my experience Rav. It seems that the last payment of EOFY was included in my NEW year totals as I uploaded it on the 1st July 2019. I ticked the appropriate tickbox. And I definitely can't input a negative adj....
I tried to remove the 1st July amounts by adding negative adj and it will not allow a negative to be typed at all when entering the data
Photo of Poppy Puppy

Poppy Puppy

• 230 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
That's the issue I'm having too. The data for last year has been included in the first pay run of this year and now I am unable to amend it via an amendment as the app will not allow the input of negative amounts
Photo of Darryn

Darryn

• 522 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
How long until this "not a bug" is fixed?
Photo of Joseph Li

Joseph Li

• 1,782 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Penny,
Is your phone Android ? I have used -ve adjustment in the STP App running under IOS.
When the payday is in the new financial year, it could cause the pay run be included in the new financial year.
I have submitted the first pay run for 2019-20. The ATO accepted it after 2 minutes. For some reason the App did not ask about YTD figures.
Joseph
Photo of Penny D

Penny D

Yes Joseph. I am using android.
Photo of Joseph Li

Joseph Li

Try double tap ‘-‘ to enter negative amount, according to Anthony.
Photo of Poppy Puppy

Poppy Puppy

tried that, when the numbers are entered the sign disappears.I also tried it as a suffix.No luck there either
(Edited)
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi folks,
Sorry to keep you hanging on this. Ok first things first, can you ALL please ensure you are on the latest version of the app which was released earlier this month.
That is; v1.3.1 for both Android & iOS.
You'll find the version number in the settings section of the app, if you are on anything lower than the above version, update your app.

Secondly, if you are on this version and believe you still have issues with the Pay Summary section showing data from the previous financial year with the CURRENT financial year, reply to me BELOW THIS POST ONLY with the following info;

ABN:
Date the final pay run of 2018/19 was sent:
Pay Date input:
Pay Period input:
Was the last pay run of the year ticked to indicate as such (Y/N):
Have you submitted payrun since submitting the last payrun (Y/N):
Was the final payrun submission successful? ie. does it show a 'SUCCESS' status:
Photo of Poppy Puppy

Poppy Puppy

Funny, my app shows v1.4.0. Are YOU using the latest version?
In answer to your question:
17/7/19
1/7/18 to 30/6/19
Yes
Yes (an attempt at a correction)
Yes
Photo of Bling

Bling

• 146 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav

I have this same issue, only 1 employee.  I only registered the app on or about 28th June, it asked for pay to date, I entered this.  I did my first pay run on 1st July, so did not check the box for last pay run.  I now have an income statement that has added my pay runs from this financial year.

ABN: 56791323310

there wasn't a final pay run for last financial year ass the first was this one

I have made successful pay runs, but this financial year.
(Edited)
Photo of Joseph Li

Joseph Li

The numeric keyboard on android devices behaves differently from IOS soft keyboard. This means coding has to be cleverer with the android version of the App.
Photo of Penny D

Penny D

Hi Rav
V 1.4.0 STP app
Abn: 59 116 715 792
FINAL 2018/2019 pay run 1st July 2019
Pay date input 1st July 2019
Pay period 21 June to 27 June 2019
YES it was ticked
YES have submitted since
YES successful

Here is a rundown...
Last pay of 18/19 input 1st July SUCCESS.
First pay 19/20 input 5 July SUCCESS.
Noticed 2 x pay runs in 19/20 summary SO....
2nd pay input $0 amount 12 July to adjust summary SUCCESS but summary correction DIDNT WORK.
3rd pay 19 july SUCCESS summary still wrong.
Tried to make negative adj...DIDNT WORK.

RESULT
Pay summary shows 4 WEEKS of pay amount instead of 3 (even though on the 12th I input a $0 amount pay run) ???

I now need to input today's pay run....so it will become 5 weeks.

Really need this sorted please Rav
Photo of Penny D

Penny D

OK BIG PROBLEM

Further to my response above I input my pay run today 26th July and got an ERROR from the ATO
Your software then asks you to make an adjustement ...so i input the pay deatils again and got another ERROR from the ATO.

The ISSUE is that my employees pay summary has jumped from 4 weeks total to 6 weeks total EVEN though both entries today were ERRORS with the ATO!!

RAV this need addressing URGENLTY.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Thanks for providing the above details Poppy & Penny.
I'm asking our app devs for more info on this and I've given them your info above. 

I'll come back to you as soon as I have further info.
Photo of Penny D

Penny D

Thank you. Please make them understand the urgency here.
Photo of Penny D

Penny D

Thank you. Please make them understand the urgency here.
Photo of Chong Zhou

Chong Zhou

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
When you are making negative Adjustments, the error transaction doesn't actually go through to ATO, but on Reckon App the values are already deducted in Employees pay summary, which makes it impossible to re-do the declined negative adjustment as you might not have sufficient fund on your summary and "ytd total can't be negative" message will appear. This is a bug and it needs to be fixed. The employees' Pay Summary should only be adjusted if Pay Runs /Adjustments are successful.
Photo of Chong Zhou

Chong Zhou

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Error pay runs/adjustments amounts shouldn't be calculated into employees' Pay Summary.

Photo of Poppy Puppy

Poppy Puppy

Any action on this?

Photo of Bling

Bling

Hi , I have phoned the ATO and they have said it has to be sorted out through Reckon, which now scares me as there is no way to contact Reckon except through here. 
Photo of Poppy Puppy

Poppy Puppy

I've just done the same, with the same result. This is not good.
Photo of Joseph Li

Joseph Li

If overstatement happens in the 2020 financial year, why not just reduce figures in the next pay runs to compensate for the overstatement?
Photo of Poppy Puppy

Poppy Puppy

Because the full YTD for last year is now in July. Ihere would need to be 11 pay runs of zero to fix it
Photo of Bling

Bling

I did one big negative one with the whole payment, tax and super. It adjusted in MyGov straight away.
Photo of Poppy Puppy

Poppy Puppy

That's all well and good, however the title of this thread may give a hint to the underlying issue: some of us (android users only?) CANNOT enter negative numbers as amendments.
Photo of Charles

Charles

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have the same problem. What is the solution??
Photo of Bling

Bling

I have fixed mine, I was looking at the 2019/20 year to date which had last years on it, I thought this was my current income statement, I just did a negative adjustment for last years total and is correct now.  My problem is I don't have my 2018/19 income statement on there, but we did send that in manually via post.  I hope snail mail actually gets it there.
Photo of Poppy Puppy

Poppy Puppy

See my comment above
Photo of Poppy Puppy

Poppy Puppy

Hey Rav,
You asked your devs to look into this a month ago. The app (v1.6) on an android phone will still not allow a negative adjustment to be entered. Surely your devs have a Samsung phone they can test it on.
WHEN IS THIS BUG LIKELY TO BE FIXED???
Photo of Paul

Paul

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Any progress on the inability of android users to input negative numbers?
Photo of Paul

Paul

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
My problem is with the current year. I received an error message for a pay-run on 16 Sept saying "declined by ATO" so I resubmitted it. It seems that both the error and resubmission were actually recorded by the ATO (and the Reckon App) in the employEE's details but the error was NOT recorded by the ATO in the employERs figures, so there's a discrepancy in the ATO system that seemingly can't be fixed (even by doing a negative pay-run that would affect both employee and employer figures). The employee's "pay summary" in the Reckon App agrees with the employee's figures with the ATO. So in the ATO details for the employer it looks like the employer has paid less salary/tax/super (this is a single employee company employer so not difficult to do a reconciliation!). Since I can't input negative figures anyway, I got the employee's figures to be correct by not submitting the 30 Sept pay-run, but this means that the details in the ATO system for the employer company are incorrect.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.