Cannot log into Reckon Online since Firefox Upgrade

Deb Heydon
Deb Heydon Member Posts: 2
edited August 2016 in Accounts Hosted

I am having issues logging into Accounts Online using Firefox (since a recent update) even though I have been using Firefox as my browser since Reckon Online's inception.  I can get through the log-in screen with my user-name and password but a message saying "Please Wait" appears and the whole system hangs and I can not go any further.  If I log in using Internet Explorer I am NOT experiencing the same issues and interestingly I can then go back to Firefox and I am automatically connected and logged in the Accounts Online.  Has anyone else experienced this issue or got any thoughts on what is wrong here?

Comments

• Sue Atkinson
    Sue Atkinson Member Posts: 26
    edited April 2015

Someone else had a similar problem and Mirko added the response as below:  not sure if this is the same for yours but it may be worth a try. 

"Chrome 42 update has lost the Silverlight plugin, so you may experience issues with certain websites, such as Reckon One - which is causing an access issue.

To resolve the issue, please follow the steps below - or try to use an alternate browser.

1) Go to chrome://flags/#enable-npapi
    2) Turn on npapi plugin
    3) Restart Chrome
    4) go to chrome://plugins/ and enable Microsof Silverlight (optional)

Reference:
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/silverlight/en-US/a19077d6-45f2-4ce3-9f45-1cc2cdac2362/chro...   "

• Sue Atkinson
    Sue Atkinson Member Posts: 26
    edited April 2015
    There are actually quite a few related conversations regarding this.  It may be a good idea to search and see if someone has added the reply matching your problem.  The above is regarding Chrome sorry.
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Deb, try a complete browser reset >>http://www.howtogeek.com/171924/how-to-reset-your-web-browser-to-its-default-settings/. Sounds like there is an issues which could be related to cookies or cached data.

• Deb Heydon
    Deb Heydon Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2015
    Thanks Mirko - That appears to have done the trick.
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Thanks for the update and for asking the question Deb. I'm sure this will help others in the future!