Cannot move job to different parent

Options
Kyla J
Kyla J Member Posts: 6
edited March 2018 in Accounts Hosted
Using Hosted - We accidentally created a new job under an existing job, instead of under the customer name. When I try to reassign the customer Reckon gives me the message
"You have received payments for this job's invoices from customer XXXX. As a result, you cannot move or reparent this job to a different customer. This restriction is in place to keep your customer balances accurate."
Except we have not applied payments to this job, just the parent customer. And, as we only just created it, there are no transactions on this job at all. I tried unapplying the payments and then going back into it, same result. We ended up making the job inactive, which I think is a poor solution for something that should be simple.

Comments

• Gillian_8166819
    Gillian_8166819 Member Posts: 89
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi Kyla,

Login as admin and single user, you may have to resort the customer list. open customer centre, then using edit dropdown select resort. Then get the diamond next to the job and drag it to the left. That may/should unsub it from customer. Then drag diamond to below the cust you want, then drag it to the right to make it a sub.

IF none of this works create a new job under the cust you want. Highlight the old job and click ctrl D on your keyboard to delete.

Hope this works!! 

• Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    FYI if you have created an invoice reassign to another job, then reassign the cust/job then reassign the invoice
  • Kyla J
    Kyla J Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Thanks Gillian! Exactly what I needed. I did re-sort the list, but it still made me click the diamond at the top of the column and then I could drag it to the customer level. Why it won't let you move it the obvious way (i.e. just reassign the customer if there are no transactions) is beyond me, but that's a question for the programmers. Thanks again!
  • Gillian_8166819
    Gillian_8166819 Member Posts: 89
    edited December 2016
    Options

You are welcome Kyla - just some tricks of the trade you learn and sometimes stumble on along the way. When sometimes the obvious doesn't work we try to trick the system with another way! and who knows why that works!........a little like a corrupt transaction that no matter how you open it it aborts the program, so need to find it in a register, highlight and ctrl D to delete without opening!

Have a lovely Christmas season!