Cannot open quickbooks 2009-10

Options
Charles AGUSSOL
Charles AGUSSOL Member Posts: 14
Hi everyboby, when I try to open quickbooks, I get the following message. Quickbooks is trying to access the company file but the database server is not responding. Error _ 6175,0. I did a backup last night as usual, no problems. Help, please.

Comments

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 803 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options
  • Charles AGUSSOL
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Thank you, Andrew & Gary, for your reply. I have rebooted , no change. Although the programme can be used by 5 users, I don't know if it has been installed for 1 or 5 users. After I finally found the control panel I saw my photo with Charles, local account, administrator. I could not follow the instructions given by Mirko, as I could not find "My computer". I use Windows 10 if it's any help.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Charles,

On Windows 10:
    Hold down the Windows Key and press X;
    select Computer Management,
    then continue with the article Mirko suggested.

Trust this gets you going.  

regards, 
    John

• gazza73
    edited December 2016
    Options
    John.  

Depending on which PC is acting as the database server,  it might be worth suggesting to Charles that he consider that article on the machine that is acting as the sharing server for the database file.   Charles mentioned he has 5 licences,  so we're not sure which of the 5 PC's is acting as the database server.

Gary

• Charles AGUSSOL
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Gary, I only have two computers. The other one is my wife's and would not have been the database server.
  • Charles AGUSSOL
    edited November 2015
    Options
    The problem has been fixed. Thanks to Mirko's article. Thank you, everybody, for being so helpful. I must single out Garry Page from AC System who has called me at home and spent quite a while guiding me with my quicken programme and a problem with sending emails with QuickBooks. Thank you, Garry.
  • Charles AGUSSOL
    edited December 2015
    Options
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quickbooks 2009 - 2010 not opening. About a month ago I had the same problem.  It was solved by using Marko's solution.  the problem has started again, I've tried Marko's solution but this time it doesn't work.  Any other solution please.
  • Deny Dharmawan
    Deny Dharmawan Alumni Posts: 141
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi Charles,

Please the following steps regarding the issue.

• If that computer is the host, stop hosting multiuser, then turn it back on. Go to File > Utilities > Stop hosting multi-user access.

• If that computer is not the host, then just turn off the hosting. Make sure that no other non-host computer is not hosting.

• Disable or turn off any security program (Firewall or anti-virus) that you have on the computer, then try to open the file again.

• Repair QuickBooks installation. When you try to uninstall it, you get the repair option. If you have done a tax update, that will get removed, and you will need to redo the tax update.

• You can also try to uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks, but normally leave it until you have tried all other trouble shooting steps.

Regards

Deny

• Charles AGUSSOL
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Thank you Deny, my problem is solved.  Thank goodness for this forum.  Charles
  • gazza73
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Charles.   As part of this process a month ago,  I'd be curious which of Denny's suggestions made an impact on this occurrence please?   Be nice to report it for other forum readers to know which process solved the issue for you this time round.

Gary