Cannot send Emailed invoices in Quickbooks 2011-12

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Answered
I just re-installed Quickbooks 2011-12 on a new computer and it will no longer email my invoices.  I no longer use Outlook for my emails. No options appear under the Preferences..Send Forms menu to enable me to select another provider.  First error message says "Unable to  open your email store. Your message cannot be sent". Second error message is "An internal error occurred while preparing your message. It has not been sent. (MAPI error code 00000000 (0)at line 535 in sendemail.cpp). Does anyone have a solution for me?
Photo of Earl Gilchrist

Earl Gilchrist

• 70 Points

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of John G

John G, Official Rep

• 23,508 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Welcome to the Reckon Community, Earl.

Your older version QuickBooks will not function fully on newer technology.  PDF creation and emailing are functions that will not work.  Most of the other functionality of the programme should work as expected.

Please see our guides  for using older versions on newer technology:
https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/running_older_versions_of_quickbooks_on_newer_technology

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/windows-10-and-reckon-accounts-update

The current version (Reckon Accounts 2017) is compatible with Windows 10 and emailing allows you to use webmail accounts.  

regards,
John
Photo of Jon

Jon

• 628 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi - I've asked a similar question elsewhere without response. I have had Home & Business since 2012. With every upgrade since then I have been able to email invoices until the latest upgrade to 2017. The email client splash screen shows briefly, and then I see error msg, "mail login failed". Neither my email client nor my operating system has changed (Windows Live Mail and Win 7). Has there been a known change in H&B 2017? I'm about ready to roll back to 2015, the most recent software disk that I have.
(Edited)