Cannot send payment summaries (and now payslips) by email

Deborah Soelaiman
Deborah Soelaiman Member Posts: 24
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi,

I tried to send Payment summaries by email, however after I ticked all staff, I need to select "Select Forms To Send" but there is no form to choose and at the bottom it said "Currently there are no forms marked to be sent". 

I have asked the person who processed payroll for prior years, she said she manually download the payment summaries and manually email one by one, because after consulting with the Reckon technical support, they said we are not able to send by email.

We have over 700 payment summaries to send, it would take days to send manually.

Now I cannot email the payslips as well. Exactly the same problem last year. After failed to send payment summaries by email, she was not able to email payslips. We always send all payslips by email.

This is so frustrating. Can someone please suggest what to do? Thank you very much.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2017
    HI Deborah,

Can you take a look at the following KB article, is your situation the same as what is outlined there?

Send Forms list is blank and there are no Payment Summaries to email

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Deborah Soelaiman
    edited June 2017
    Hi Rav,

Thank you for your reply.

It is similar situation. 

I have done step 4 and when I did step 5, there is no forms marked to be sent, I pressed ESC. I repeat step 5 many times (more than 20 times), but still nothing. Is it step 4 or 5 that I should repeat? It said repeat step 4 as many times as needed, is it a typo?
  • Christine Hall
    Christine Hall Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2017
    I am having the same issue with payslips.  I can select them to email however when I say send they are not showing in the window to select them to send.  There are no other forms waiting to be sent.
  • Deborah Soelaiman
    edited July 2017
    Hi Christine,

I am having the same problem with you. Have you tried the link Rav gave above? I did but does now work.
  • Christine Hall
    edited June 2017
    I have two files and it's not working in either. I tried Rav's suggestion but still is not working. I can send myself a report via email so am at a loss as to wht the payslips have suddenly stopped.
  • Deborah Soelaiman
    edited July 2017
    Hi Rav,

Could you please confirm which step to repeat? I have done step 1 to 4c, then there is no forms marked to be sent.

I did step 5, still there is no forms marked to be sent.

Step 6 "Go to Send Forms to Email again. Can you see the email for the dummy employee? If not, repeat step 4". Does it mean I should do step 5, Go to "Send Form" then ESC? Because if I should repeat step 4, should I create another dummy employee, process another pay then prepare a payment summary.

Just want to make sure I do the correct one. I google this and some people was saying he/she spent an hour or so. I have 700+ payment summaries, I would expect it takes longer.

Many thanks.
  • Christine Hall
    edited July 2017
    Hi Deborah

I repeated step 4 about 100 times for 1 file and only about 10 for the other one.  Like you I looked at other comments and I think you will just have to keep repeating it till it works.  I even downloaded the file to see if it would send locally but the same thing occurred. 

Good luck

• Deborah Soelaiman
    edited July 2017
    Hi Christine,

May I know how did you do it? And how many staff do you have?

I went to File > Send Form > ESC more than 1,000 times but still did not work :( So frustrating. Trying to call Reckon but is put on hold for 20 minutes now.
  • Deborah Soelaiman
    edited July 2017
    Sorry, I mean it did not work.
  • Deborah Soelaiman
    edited July 2017
    The problem is now fixed :)  I clicked File > Send Form > ESC more than 3,000 times. Spent so many hours, but at least the problem is fixed.

Thank you, Rav.
  • Amelia Reavey_6977027
    Amelia Reavey_6977027 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2019
    This happens to me EVERY new financial year!  I generate the PAYG summaries, it freezes and BAM! Lost ability to email summaries and payslips. So frustrating.
  • Deborah Soelaiman
    edited July 2017
    Hi Amelia,

Perhaps trying to email payment summaries by smaller batches to avoid it freezes.

I agree it is so frustrating. Reckon should have fixed this years ago.
  • Paul Green
    Paul Green Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2017
    Just happened to me as well. I followed instruction and no luck. I closed Reckon Accounts, reopened and emails now appear in Send Forms.
  • Amelia Reavey_6977027
    edited July 2017
    I got the PAYG summaries to work but now I can't send payslips either!
  • Amelia Reavey_6977027
    edited July 2017
    we only have 8 employees so it shouldn't be a problem! ha!
  • Jayden Watts
    Jayden Watts Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2018
    Grrr....now I have this problem sending payslips....guess I better do some reading....
  • Jayden Watts
    Jayden Watts Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2017
    FIXED!

I too had to go to 'FILE' > 'SEND FORMS...' > then click on 'CLOSE' on the window that comes up.  Repeat multiple times (I had to do it approx 15-20 times) before you see the items or people you are sending the forms to.  Hope makes sense.  GOOD LUCK!
  • Hayley Pearson Accredited Partner
    Hayley Pearson Accredited Partner Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2017
    I am having this problem to.  Tried everything guess I will be wasting time as well doing it 1000 times.  So far I am onto my 17th go

• Deborah Soelaiman
    edited July 2017
    Hayley, it depends how many payment summaries were corrupted. I was trying to send payment summaries 4 times each with 700+ payment summaries, therefore I need to delete more than 3,000 forms.
  • Tanya Radunz
    Tanya Radunz Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2017
    We have the same problem, we have 3 Companies, 1 had 145 payment summaries to send and it emailed them just fine, another Company had 185 payment summaries to send and it crashed after sending 129 and now I can't send the remaining payment summaries and the other Company on has 4 payment summaries to send and I wasn't able to send any of them.
  • Deborah Soelaiman
    edited July 2017
    Tanya, try to log out and log in again. If you still have problem, go to File > Send Form > ESC. You might need to do this 185 times. It worked for me.

• Heather_9709349
    Heather_9709349 Member Posts: 15
    edited July 2018
    Gosh I am having the same issue - when I select payment summaries to email - then when it processes the list comes up empty!  Is there where I have to go to File - email forms - escape the amount of times that I have employees????   Reckon I wish you would get this right - every year !!!!!!

• Stephen Williams
    Stephen Williams Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2018
    I've updated to Payroll Prem18/19 and now email for payslips has failed again. About time this was fixed before being released.
  • Jennifer Rajendran
    Jennifer Rajendran Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2018
    Same issue.  Could not send payment summaries by email on reckon hosted.  So have to download and send manually by email.  Upgraded to Reckon Hosted 2018 and now cannot email payslips either.  WTH.

• Deborah Soelaiman
    edited July 2018
    Hi Jennifer,

Try to do this: File > Send Form > ESC as many times as the number of payment summaries failed to send. Last year I had 700+ payment summaries, 4 times trying to send = 2800+ payment summaries corrupted. This was fixed after I repeated that steps 3,000 times. Good luck.
  • Jennifer Rajendran
    Jennifer Rajendran Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Deborah.  I tried that about 50 times.  I only have 12 payment summaries for 2017/2018 and 6 payslips for this week.  I will try that again when I have the time to spare.  Can't believe you did that 3000 times!!!  Why is reckon not solving this problem?
  • Deborah Soelaiman
    edited July 2018
    Took me hours to do it :(  Reckon could not fix it, so I had no choice :(  This year it went smooth. I tried to send few payment summaries to see everything looks good, then sending all 700+ payment summaries in one go without any issue.
  • Heather_9709349
    Heather_9709349 Member Posts: 15
    edited July 2018
    That worked for me in the end - only have 187 employees - however had to do it over 800 times - as if you have tried to email more than once it includes all of those and any glitches.  It will work but you have to keep on going.  Good Luck!
  • Jen Dixon
    Jen Dixon Member Posts: 16
    edited July 2019
    Same issue for me!!
  • Jen Dixon
    edited July 2019

Is this still the only way to resolve this issue? I have had the same problem for the last 3 years- only associated with payment summaries.
  • Christine Hall
    edited July 2019
    Hi Jen,
    I think this is still the only way to solve this.  From next year you won't need to send payment summaries as these will be delivered through MyGov.
    Christine
  • Jen Dixon
    edited July 2019

Thanks Christine. Arm and neck twitching with the repetitive 3 step action...about 900 repeats in...
  • Newbee
    Newbee Member Posts: 29

In same position as O/P. Is there any update on earlier unworkable solutions? The ability to be able to recreate documents or processes is a an expected piece of functionality that should be resolved at this stage?